Any info about Avantair?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BradJC

I was looking for some info about Avantair. I saw on another thread they had some aircraft on order. Anything related to if they are or will be hiring, pilot schedules, pay and bases would be appreciated.

thanks

other than them lowering their pay schedules by 5 grand a year...nope :(

Avantair

I just ran into some Avantair pilots, it does not sound like the pilots are treated very well at all and they are haveing a hard time keeping pilots. They said they really enjoy the aircraft and the flying but no set schedule and no one really backing up the pilots to managment. We talked for over an hour and they both said they could not take it anymore and where leaving within two weeks.

Pilot TLC

Avantair is a new and growing company. Like any new adventure there is going to be growing pains. I think they are getting management in place to hire enough pilots so they can have a schedule. What that will be I don't know. Everyone I've talked to loves the A/C. Clients and Pilots. I think they have "Pilot Bases" in NJ, FL, and NV. Coast to Coast operation with under 10 aircraft is going to be trying on everyone.Be Patient and Avantair will be the place to be!!!!

av

They are using contract co-pilots with no schooling and paying them $100 aday w/no perdiem and they are makeing the full time pilots sign a 2 year contract with little to no benies, no real schedule and little pay.

What does that say to anyone?

I am not trying to put anyone down, this was right from them!

I wish them luck - but I have to stand up for the pilots!

In other words....

Maybe they could be the next big thing and getting in now would be the best move a pilot could make....or they could stay as is and be a miserable existence. Are there any guys/gals out there that work for Avantair? Would be cool to get some info from the horse's mouth.

Welcome to aviation!! Maybe it is going to be a great job....Maybe it is going to be a horrible job...

Latest resources

Back