Any changes to offline DX Jumpseating?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rvsm410

I know Jumseating has been talked about many time, but it was rumored over the last year that offline dispatchers may be allowed back into an other carriers cockpit with the advent of the CASS system.

Just hoping this is going to come true and wondering if any one has heard anything about this subject, It would be nice to have this prevledge again, and it would make getting to work and home alot easier with my new job which starts in 2 weeks.

Thanks for the info in advance,

One happy dispatcher:D :D

I could be wrong, but I don't recall Offline Dispatcher's ever being allowed in the cockpit. I think the only offline airline personnel ever allowed in the cockpits were pilots. Don't have a copy of the FARs handy right now, but I'm pretty sure that dispatchers are SOL when it comes to access to the cockpit on any airline but their own, regardless of the status of the CASS system. Sorry.

I know that we're in the process of getting agreements. I've never had a problem with Jumping on with ATA

Pre 9/11 I jumpsat in the flight deck on FDX, AWE, AWI, ATA, CKS, SWA, DAL, a buttload of UAL, and a few others which escape me right now - and the only ticket I have is a dispatcher ticket.

Dispatchers hold an airmans certificate, and pre-9/11, that and an ID would get you a jumpseat ride - all 121.547 required was an airmans certificate, and that your job at your airline (I was a DX, so mine did) required it - some carriers even go so far as extend the JS courtesy to mechanics.

Only AA and EGF prohibits offline dispatchers from riding (even uin the back), pre or post 9/11 for some stupid, asinine reason I dont understand. It was a shame when TWA got swallowed by AA - another good JS ride gone.

Yeah Rick, ATA rocks for offline jumpseating...

DX jumpseating "Today"

Dispatchguy,

What is your understanding in todays world for "cockpit" jumpseating for DX'ers?

The guy commenting above is confused I guess, or I just dont understand him. I know of alot of dispatcheers that jumpseated many time in the cockpit before 911 on Dal, SWA, Airtran and others. So you are saying that you can cockpit J/S today on other carriers today?

I have followed the saga of what happened to our prevledge after 911, but i have not heard anymore about these rules being dropped or modified to allow our return to the front office. Just some claification. Thanks, I'm sure I will learn more when I start work, I am just trying to do some pre-planning.

:D

Yes Tony, bit the bullet......of course 3 days in Vegas costs more than $600...:D :( :D

Spent alot of time driving around the place to find housing. Vegas is not longer a bargan place to live, home prices and food have gone through the roof...but glad I went.

Thanks

Oops----Im an EGL guy---that explains why I never heard of offline dispatcher jumpseating....sorry.

Ah ha - I was an EGF dispatcher (Executive), and got bumped off a few JS because we couldnt reciprocate - captain would call DX, and they would say no, for AA/EGF doesnt reciprocate for DXers.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back