Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any Airlines Currently flying in Japan, specifically frequenting the Fukuoka FIR

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

abxdx

If you fly in this area. How do you deal with all the restricted airspace in this FIR, they have a load of restricted airspace and we currently pull the Notams and plot the areas. Does anyone do it differently? Do you work with the military at all on this? If so do you have contact information?

Do you mean the U.S. military airspaces within Japan /RJJJ? I don't always know where they are alll at precisely. I always rule them out by operating days, hours and flight levels. If I am planning a flight from GUM-NRT and my route does not take west of 130W, I would just trash all the notams west of 130W. Things like that. Most of them are around Okinawa, and a few south of Tokyo toward Guam and I hadn't had a day where they they posed a conflict with established airways.

Most of them are in the East China Sea between Southern Japan and Taiwan. They are also usually from whatever to unlimited so there is no flying over them. Not really much of a problem with routing until typhoons come through. But there are so dang many of them, we plot them to keep track of them. Since they are US military you would think they would have a domain to access what they have hot at any time.

How do other carriers track these areas?

One problem is that not all of these Notams make it into the international system. When I was at CMI we had a internet link for the japan domestic notams. You can probably find it through google, with a search for those 3 words, or you might need to look for Japan Airman Information Manual and poke around in that site.
Btw, not all Canadian airport closures make it into the international notams either. If you are doing any flying in to Canada, you should have the NavCanada web site in your favorites to access Canada domestic notams.

DINS notams is one of the best sources out there, but a notam has to be entered into the system for it to be there. Probably 98% of all notams that would affect airline operations ARE in there.

However, I have noticed in my short time so far in the fractional world, notams for some airport closures of runways 5000 feet or less, specifically in Canada, have not been in there.

Also, some applicable notams for joint use airfields are not accessible there either unless you specifically request the military notams.

No ONE source is perfect.

Last edited:
do you guys ever look at DINS notams? They have been the most accurate so far.

Yes, we cross check all intl NOTAMs in the FAA NAIMES and DoD DINS sites. We know we have them, we just want to know how other carriers handle the volume of them.

Yes, we cross check all intl NOTAMs in the FAA NAIMES and DoD DINS sites. We know we have them, we just want to know how other carriers handle the volume of them.

easy... we copy and paste them onto the bottom of the flight plan. a 4 page flight plan across the N.A. easily becomes a 32 pager with all the origin/dest/alt/etp and refile airports.

This is in addition to the regular notams in the wx packet.

notams suck.

Latest resources

Back