Another one bites the dust...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
thor said:
Dep676, better check your black berry. Things are changing in CGF. Next is domicile. Hope the XP type is worth something where you are.

I have heard the Tier 3 airports are about to go bye-bye. What have you heard?

aeronautic1 said:
Boy, I almost went to the fracs and after talking to friends at you know who... plus these boards, I am very grateful to be in a cushy G200 corporate gig.. even with it's own flaws. But the pay is better, no PFT, execllent maintenance; and most of the time I am on call, I am on call sitting on a beach in Florida. The fracs management are nothing more than wanna-be airline execs. And we know just how magnificent airline execs are.

Just remember when you are sitting on the beach it is still work, ulness that is where you live. I am sitting in HI right now. I just make sure that when ever the owner tells me how great it is to be a pilot in Hawaii that I just laugh say, "it beats Teterboro, but I do not see the diference, work is work."

If they respect you they will understand. These guys also travel for a living.

G100driver said:
Just remember when you are sitting on the beach it is still work, ulness that is where you live. I am sitting in HI right now. I just make sure that when ever the owner tells me how great it is to be a pilot in Hawaii that I just laugh say, "it beats Teterboro, but I do not see the diference, work is work."

G100,

Bingo !! You've hit the nail on the head. You are doing what it takes to remain on your employer's payroll. If that involves being on a beach, that isn't your problem...it's not a management decision you made...you signed on to do what what was asked of you, and apparently, that is just what you are doing. If the groundpounders have a problem with that, it would be their problem...not yours.

Driver said:
I dont come to this board (or any board) very often... because they're all the same... Someone starts with a good question or coment.. then the helpful replys (some with knowledge some without)... next comes the comlaining and finally the gloves come off. Gilligan's Island wasn't that predictable.

I'm off and up out.
word to your mother

cheers

thor said:
About 80 FO pilots use teir three domicile airports. These pilots cost the most to move about the country because of the connecting legs. These pilots will have to change to another airport or move on to greener pastures IF they can.

DEP676; hope it works out for you.

Why is it then when you are at a "tier 1" airport and they can get you a direct flight to home they don't? They still make you get a connection. Also when I book tickets for myself more than half the time it is cheaper to go out of a tier 3 with a connection. Than to go out of a tier 2 airport.

Also they don't even think twice about airlining you a couple of time chasing airplanes during rotation. Do they think that is saving them money? Just the other day they airlined a guy to an airport and his plane wasn't even there. So they had to airline back half way across the country to get his airplane. Do you think anyone caught HE!! for that one? Probably not. There is no accountablity in CGF.

If we flew the wrong pax or took them to the wrong airport. We would be fired or punished in some way.

Thanks thor. I got my fingers crossed for this one.

Dep676 or whomever,

Can you guys explain your "tier" system for airlining to/from work?

Also, have you considered the changes could have something to do with all the Flops/NutJets merger rumors. No flame material here. Just an honest question.

Well the best I can explain the tier system is. That all the big hubs ATL,ORD,LAX,EWR,JFK, and so on are all "tier 1" airports. The "tier 2" airports are the ones that have mulitple airlines and aren't really the hubs. The "tier 3" are the ones out in the middle of no where. Maybe with one or two airlines and they are usually regionals. That is the best way I can explain it for you. Anyone else have a better explaination?

The system used to be any airport that had three airlines and six flights a day. You could use that has your domicle. I think that might even be changing. My opinion is a "gateway" system like NetJets is coming.

My opinion is a "gateway" system like NetJets is coming.

Like our current 28 gateway system or the RCA one that the Jacka$$ old MEC(Thats right Dave Vermuellen I'm talking about you)tried to pass?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back