ANG Unit Visit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

chawbein

I want to visit a guard unit that I sent a package to next month. The point of contact that they had on the announcement was for a recruiter. I have conversed with the recruiter to get the announcement and confirm that the packet arrived, and also about the best time to visit.

The recruiter stated that while he couldn't officially schedule a meeting with members of the selection board, "we could run into them at the scheduling desk". That seems like a positive statement, although I wonder if there might be a better route. Should I contact someone else to schedule a visit or is this the correct point of contact? Anyone have any insight?

So just call up the main number and ask for the squadron commander? Am I reading this correctly?

Call up the main number, ask for the number to ops, call ops and ask for one of those I mentioned. This way you won't be bugging them at their office if they're busy. If they're near ops they'll answer. But just introduce yourself, tell them you are interested in a flying position with their squadron, and ask him/her if they have a few minutes for you to bend their ear.

And if you can't get ahold of anyone at those #'s ask for pilot scheduling, there's almost always someone there. If the chief pilots out tell em you were given that # by whoever and alot of times I got lucky and they'd pass the phone to a guy they sponsored and just got out of upt, and you can get some really good gouge.

Dudes! If you call a number and the squadron commander answers, don't frickin' hang up...talk. Give the Sq/CC your world class sales pitch and see what they say. If the Sq/CC doesn't want to deal with you, expect to be handed off to someone in the hiring office (Ops O, ADO, etc.).
I've done the "shot in the dark" call to A number at a unit and the Sq/CC answered because it was his number given to me by the unit operator. I've also gotten the airman at the duty desk and you can bet I asked for a pilot...but don't be surprised if the airman gives the phone to the Wg/CC because he's standing at the duty desk because, oh by the way, he's a pilot :D.

talondriver said:
but don't be surprised if the airman gives the phone to the Wg/CC because he's standing at the duty desk because, oh by the way, he's a pilot :D.

This was a messed up sentence...but you get the point:cool:

Latest resources

Back