Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ebco

Andy,
like everyone else I want to thank you for your dedication to informing aspiring Skywest pilots. I thouroughly enjoyed reading the message board that you and I believe Jim Blake used to post on the Skywest website. I have read through the past threads so I don't ask you the same questions, but here it goes. I was at the PDX open house in March. At the time I barely met the minimums. For some reason I thought I was suppose to update my resume every 250 hours. 1)How will this affect me? 2)Should letters of recomendation be sent to Camielle, if so how, or personally walked in? 3) I am seriously thinking about going through the ACE program which is a four week CRJ200/Turbine transition course at Pan Am and then instructing for them until the golden call, will this benefit me in the application process. Any insight would greatly be appreciated. I have still to this day taken your advice about flying how Skywest would want me to fly.

Thanks
Sincerely,

Nate M

Could I have another L with that Neill?

I appreciate the kind words toward Jim Black and me.

I'm not certain how the 250 hour update notion has affected you. Did you update more often than every 90 days thus flagging you as a nusiance, or have you not updated for 6 months showing a possible lack of interest?

Regardless, if you have not updated in the last 90 days, I would do so to show your continuing interest and to raise the worth of your resume' with the added hours.

Letters of recommendation should be sent to the people department at the St George headquarters to Camielle Ence's attention for inclusion in your application file. These will speed up your interview call by adding points to your resume'.

I see little value in taking the CRJ course. Any such experience benefits your overall comprehension of things aeronautical, but I believe you would get a quicker interview call if some 135 time started appearing on your resume'.

Last edited:
Thank you for your time Andy. I look forard to being one of your co-workers one day.

Sincerely,
Nate Morrissey

Latest resources

Back