ANA & JP Express

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

beech1900kid

Anyone have any information on ANA and JP Express. Hawaii aviation has B767 position open for ANA/JP express and I just want to know about the job, quality of life, etc.

Thank you.

It would be a great job if you could get it. ANA and Japan Post are starting a air cargo operation. The base is Tokyo, either you commute from the states or relocate to Tokyo. Problem, Tokyo is the most expensive city in the world to live in or you face a 12 hour commute and thats if you live on the west coast. The pay is great: $7000 a month, 70 hours, over 70, $100 a hour.
$1500 a month to commute on.
$800 a month perdeim.
By US airline standards the pay is great, but a 2 bed room apartment in Tokyo could cost up to $6000.00 a month. If I got an offer I would move to Guam which is 3 1/2 hour flight and cheaper than Tokyo.

F/O Mins: 3000 hours, 1000 hours jet and a type rating.

It is a five year contract.

Training is 6 months in Tokyo.

Schedule is 20 day on with 10 day off in a row.

There is an interview with a sim check, in Tokyo. From what I understand the hardest part is passing the medical. Cholesterol has to be below 200, cannot be taking any medication and you body mass has to be below 27% (Not body fat).

I have gotten 2 nibbles from both Hawaii Aviation and Parc. I got blown out by Hawaii Aviation, because all his candidate had 767 time, but he was up front with me and told me to keep updating him. He requested that I give him a call as soon a the web site post the next round of screening.

Parc is interviewing Th through the Th and I'm waiting to hear back, but its not looking good.

Hope this helps.

The pay is great: $7000 a month, 70 hours, over 70, $100 a hour.

$7000 is great Pay?!! To fly a 76, overseas, with no retirement, with only 10 days off per month. That sucks....raise your expectations.

Great for starting pay (US majors pay $h*t to start with them) but certainly it should move up beyond $7000 after the first couple of years if the contract if to be worth anything....IMHO.

I've got a buddy in Tokyo in training now. He's barely hanging in.

In fact, I'll be sending him a "pep-talk" email after this post.

The pay is great: $7000 a month, 70 hours, over 70, $100 a hour.

$7000 is great Pay?!! To fly a 76, overseas, with no retirement, with only 10 days off per month. That sucks....raise your expectations.

Thats a minimum base pay of $84,000 per annum. As overseas earnings the first $82,500 is tax free. This is equivalent to gross adjusted of approx $120. If you are single, working at a regional and already have the the 1000 pic as insurance - the opportunity to live in Asia and get heavy experience might suit some. As a comparison Maxjet is hiring FO's - starting pay $53,000 gross.

I know a couple of guys who live within 15 minutes by subway from Ropongi (bar area) and have manageable rents.

Respectfully,

fv

What about taxes in Japan?

As they informed me (Take it with a grain of salt) If you commute and reside outside of Japan, you don't pay taxes there. There are some forms you have to fill and paperwork to be presented. The lady at PARC said that they will assist with that.
But I would make that issue one of the topics to be discussed during the interview because taxes in Japan are high. Something like 39%

Comparing apples to oranges. A new hire at a domestic is probably rolling in from the military or a commuter; in other words with the exception of furloughees, they are starting their 'major' career at the bottom and progressing. But these guys are asking for qualified 76 guys and then paying them new guy rates to work overseas....still doesn't seem over generous to me.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back