• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ameristar 737

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not me. Not connected in any way, shape, or form.

Maybe they should bust out the rollers and white paint though.

Well...there it is. I was wondering about whether or not the NTSB was doing a write-up on that thing. Thanks for the post.

Last edited:
You guys actually have the drag chutes installed? Sounds like a big messed up landing on braking action "nil"...

I've been told that the drag chute on a FA-20 usually will not deploy under 100 kts. The cone will pop off but the chute won't open.
So if your going to effectively use a drag chute on the FA-20 you need to plan for it. If you figure out your not going to stop and then decide to use it, you will be to late and to slow to get it out.

I know a guy that pulled the chute on 2 separate occasions. He was landing on a non-grooved 5700' runway that was wet. He thought he was not going to get her stopped in time so he pulled the chute. In both occasions the shoot never deployed. Albeit he was able to stop in time.

Well...there it is. I was wondering about whether or not the NTSB was doing a write-up on that thing. Thanks for the post.

Thanks for the post!

I stand corrected a lot more damage than I was led to believe. Man, I have some memories flying that machine. I have flown citations, lears, 737, md11, dc8's but the falcon is the best built and best flying machine of them all. sad

I've been told that the drag chute on a FA-20 usually will not deploy under 100 kts. The cone will pop off but the chute won't open.
So if your going to effectively use a drag chute on the FA-20 you need to plan for it. If you figure out your not going to stop and then decide to use it, you will be to late and to slow to get it out.

I know a guy that pulled the chute on 2 separate occasions. He was landing on a non-grooved 5700' runway that was wet. He thought he was not going to get her stopped in time so he pulled the chute. In both occasions the shoot never deployed. Albeit he was able to stop in time.

Ditto. That is the same thing that I have heard. And now in two different incidences it has been proven to be true. If that chute is gonna be pulled it has got to be done almost immediately after touching down it would seem. Otherwise the chute will be useless... And yes most of the Falcons have them installed except for maybe 1 or 2 of them.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back