• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

American

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They won't give a payraise with PBS. It would defeat the purpose, wouldn't it? They are trying to force-feed PBS upon Eagle too. It's nothing more than a pay cut in disguise.

jetexas said:
They won't give a payraise with PBS. It would defeat the purpose, wouldn't it? They are trying to force-feed PBS upon Eagle too. It's nothing more than a pay cut in disguise.

Well heck yes, there better be a pay raise! They are getting more productivity from us, so we should be compensated more for that! Isn't that the SWA formula? Are they "defeating the purpose?"

PBS is a concession to pilots. Why would we take one concession, and then get a pay cut (another concession) on top of that one?

That increase in productivity would be a definite 'paycut' (lack of pay) to the larger percentage of pilots not recalled. That's where the 'concession' will be. The folks left 'may' see a bit of an increase in pay but there will be around a 10% cut in manning requirements (at least that's the number I hear). AA furloughs taking longer to get back, flowbacks stuck longer, eagle fo's taking ever longer to upgrade will be the 'paycut in disguise' for the pilots of AMR. Of course the alternative to taking PBS might be further layoffs, a heightened threat to AA retirement, etc.

Last edited:
jetexas said:
That increase in productivity would be a definite 'paycut' (lack of pay) to the larger percentage of pilots not recalled. That's where the 'concession' will be. The folks left 'may' see a bit of an increase in pay but there will be around a 10% cut in manning requirements (at least that's the number I hear). AA furloughs taking longer to get back, flowbacks stuck longer, eagle fo's taking ever longer to upgrade will be the 'paycut in disguise' for the pilots of AMR. Of course the alternative to taking PBS might be further layoffs, a heightened threat to AA retirement, etc.

Good points, and I agree for the most part. But AA has been begging for more productivity for years, and most of the furloughees would rather have a halfway decent job to come back to. That's why I point out that giving us PBS AND a paycut just won't fly. Either way you slice it, were gonna get hit with more productivity, which will stagnate the recalls. (even though I personally am of the opinion that we NEED to recall next year, with or without productivity increases.)

eglpilot said:
rumor is they will not recall untill the TWA people lose thier right to recall.

I heard they are going to coordinate with AE to adjust DOH and seniority numbers to reflect the original DOH at TW for the flowbacks on the property at AE, just to compensate for the loss of recall rights also!:nuts:

X

eglpilot said:
rumor is they will not recall untill the TWA people lose thier right to recall.

That is impossible since AA has an unlimited time frame on recalls. That is not say that APA could negotiate that away, I wouldn't put it passed this leadership.

As you say, it's impossible because the "TWA people" are on the same seniority list as the nAAtives. There's no seperating them without redoing the whole integration which aint' gonna happen (barring any legal ruling to that effect).

XTW said:
I heard they are going to coordinate with AE to adjust DOH and seniority numbers to reflect the original DOH at TW for the flowbacks on the property at AE, just to compensate for the loss of recall rights also!:nuts:

X

That would make those riots over in Paris look like a playground recess. The pilots at Eagle have already taken it where the 'sun don't shine' over the whole flowback issue. Nice try though!

catIIIc said:
That is impossible since AA has an unlimited time frame on recalls. That is not say that APA could negotiate that away, I wouldn't put it passed this leadership.

Sadly, the TWA F/As were saddled with only 5 year recall rights, and rumor has it that they won't recall any F/As until those recall rights expire - next year or two.

Correct, the pilots have unlimited recall rights.

Latest resources

Back