American Eagle Invite Interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
pilot754 said:
In addition my folks at the moment are willing to help suplement my living should I have to move out from the LAX sector. [email protected]

wow!!! completly amazing.......no wonder its PPL on monday .....Regional jet job on wednsday .....and complaining about I deserve my 777 CA job on Friday......I guess if someone can get their life subsidised by their parents more power to them..... im sure hes a joy to fly with....this post has to be a joke

I'm sure Eagle hired him. I talked to a new hire last month who came here with 250 TT from some bridge program.

I think someone hired at AE today will upgrade in 4-5 years....retirements, furloughs will start going back in the next 3 years and attrition. I could be wrong but I think 4 years sounds about right.

And I agree with your factoring in the 3 years of not hiring.....I guess I have a positive attitude and not 'the sky is falling' attitude.

lookin4better said:
I think someone hired at AE today will upgrade in 4-5 years....retirements, furloughs will start going back in the next 3 years and attrition. I could be wrong but I think 4 years sounds about right.

And I agree with your factoring in the 3 years of not hiring.....I guess I have a positive attitude and not 'the sky is falling' attitude.
I completely agree. Upgrade time is 7 years for a person HIRED 7 YEARS AGO. No one has a clue what it is for someone hired tomorrow. I too agree with the 4 year prediction. You have a refreshing attitude. Welcome to my club.

Remember Eagle did not hire anyone for almost three and a half years, take that off of the seven year upgrade times and you are back at three and a half years for a CA upgrade, to me it does not sound that bad.

28 more Capt vacancies announced yesterday for Eagle. I believe that's somewhere close to 80 - 100 or so since Spring 06.

DGdaPilot said:
28 more Capt vacancies announced yesterday for Eagle. I
believe that's somewhere close to 80 - 100 or so since Spring 06.

I think thats pretty close.....I was thinking its pretty close on those numbers too....not alot .....but all put together......with not many CAs leaving....i think they might be prepping for a few callbacks of furloughs.....of course I could be wrong

So how does their flowthrough agreement work with AA???

It doesn't. Do not plan on coming Eagle because you want to flow through. While technically still in effect, far more have flowed back (a bad word in the Eagle group) than have flowed through. It may happen again someday, but don't come here soley counting on that.

Latest resources

Back