American Eagle internal Pilot Mins.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flyer1015

I know certain carriers like XJT reduce their requirements to 500 TT / 100 ME for internal pilot applicants.

Does anyone know if Eagle reduces their requirements of 1000 TT / 100 ME down to 500 TT / 100 ME ?

On their website, the 1000TT/100ME are listed with an asterick: Flight time requirements are commensurate with experience

So does anyone know?

Thanks.

Why do they even bother with minimums. Why not just hire anyone with a valid drivers license and a passing interest in aviation?

No offense but 500tt/100hrs multi. Remind me to fly on another airline. This is just scary.

Pilot1625 said:
When I was hired last year it was 500TT/100Multi for former interns or certain colleges with bridge programs.

Thanks, I see. I know previous interns and bridge programs lower it to 500TT/100ME. I'm still curious if they lower the mins. for internal, current employees (like a ramp agent or a cust. service agent).

500TT/100 ME... you think that's bad ? ASA lets interns on with as little as something like 300 TT / 50 ME.

No offense but 500tt/100hrs multi. Remind me to fly on another airline. This is just scary.

Sure, just dont fly on: American Eagle, ASA, Great Lakes, Mesa, ExpressJet, BigSky, Era, Trans States, Colgan. Because these have all hired people with 500TT / 100 ME. Some even lower (i.e. ASA's previous interns... while some do have above 500/100, some were hired with times lower than that).

Hell, I hope you didn't fly United in the early/mid ninety's when they hired quite a few 400 TT hour pilots.

ANYWAY,

I don't want this thread to go in the wrong direction.

Back to the original question:

Does Eagle lower mins. to 500TT/100ME for current employees?

When I showed up for interview last May, I was told that they lower it to 1000TT 100ME for current employees, bridge program, and interns. (1500TT or 1200TT, 200 ME was published mins) I was a current employee then but already had more than published mins.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back