• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

American Airlines issuing $1 billion in debt to help cover 2011 costs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No I don't. You have no clue how how a company's stock priced is valued. Am I missing the point?

Ok whatever strokes your ego......it will some price and Eagle will be a good investment for the public.....now are you happy d----a--s

Jetblue yes, SWA no.......whats your point......i never said that skywest will do this or that.....

By the way ASA sucks

I'm not even sure of that. Q4 shows $134M in cash for Sky vs $468M for JET. Now they could work out some sort of stock swap to make the deal happen but that would require many outside investors. Not sure this deal could be done or gain approval from shareholders. Although the forward PE for JBLU does look attractive compared to others. Wouldn't be surprised to see them involved in the next M/A due to its value.

Last edited:
market cap

SKYW 911 million
JBLU 1.76 billion
AMR 2.1 billion
LUV 9.35 billion
Google 187.5 billion

Jetblue will be the next peoples express......

just like airtran is almost gone, jetblue is going to be next.
Too bad jetblue has 5 year individual employment contracts and not ALPA on their property to protect them.

AMR needs to capitalize on that and with British in the picture, they have the cash to do it.
AMR needs to be big to survive.

Watch Delta and Hawaian will be next. Used to be JALWAYS...now we will have DALWAYS with A330's only covering the pacific.....48 of those A330's can cover a lot of airways when the 757s in the pacific get parked due to next fuel crisis

J

Last edited:
ALPA was on the property with ATA and Aloha and there's 4 of us over here in China on a job interview. ALPA only protects itself, not it's membership.

Jetblue will be the next peoples express......

just like airtran is almost gone, jetblue is going to be next.
Too bad jetblue has 5 year individual employment contracts and not ALPA on their property to protect them.

AMR needs to capitalize on that and with British in the picture, they have the cash to do it.
AMR needs to be big to survive.

Watch Delta and Hawaian will be next. Used to be JALWAYS...now we will have DALWAYS with A330's only covering the pacific.....48 of those A330's can cover a lot of airways when the 757s in the pacific get parked due to next fuel crisis

J

Probably right. Then again, Jetblue is twice as large and has been around twice as long as peoples express was. You are probably right though, same exact company.

ALPA was on the property with ATA and Aloha and there's 4 of us over here in China on a job interview. ALPA only protects itself, not it's membership.

Better watch out, Hal, Rez and PCL will tag-team yo a$$...

TC

Probably right. Then again, Jetblue is twice as large and has been around twice as long as peoples express was. You are probably right though, same exact company.

Time will tell.....the shopping spree of the 80s is coming back ....thats my opinion....

I see AMR, DELTA AND UNITED surving brands only.....ALONG WITH SWA ofcourse.....as Legacys

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back