America West jumpseating?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

maxpwrset

Does AWA take unlimited jumpseaters? I'd like to catch a ride with them tomorrow if I'm able, and am just trying to do some advance planning. If so, do you check in at the ticket counter first like at other places, and then go to the gate? Sorry, freight dog here, don't do alot of this offline. Thanks!

Does AWA take unlimited jumpseaters? Yes
If so, do you check in at the ticket counter first like at other places, and then go to the gate? Not necessary if you can get through security without a boarding pass. Bringing cookies will expedite the whole process. Good luck.

If there's room you bet, welcome aboard. No need to go to the ticket counter or the Chief Pilot's office, Just head to the gate.

Have a nice day.
-JetMonkey

Thanks guys! That's a big relief! Just looking at the AWA website, the flights I'd like to catch appear to be wide open(at least when I click the pick a seat option). What is this PBT site? I know we have a recip with you guys, and also have or at least had travel bennies with you in the past. Our union website doesn't show you are CASS yet(but that's not always as up to date as we'd like). Is that correct? Sorry for the noob questions, I can almost count on one hand the number of times I've traveled offline in the last 6 years.

A word of caution about the PBT website. The schedules on it aren't updated anymore and they are wrong or leave out flights many of the times.

For example - search from LAX - LAS and it leaves out the 9am flight. Or search PHX-SAN and it leaves out the 1207pm flight.

Check americawest.com first and get a flight number. Then put the flight number in the PBT web page instead of doing a flight search on the PBT page.

Now that we have a password protected web page for PBT's they haven't been updating the old general access one.

Hope this makes sense?

I forgot to add -

The PBT info is accurate just the schedules may be off.

So if the flight says "great" it really is great.

no offense AWA guys / gals...but your schedules never match the web / OAG / boards, anything. it makes life quite difficult for everybody and perhaps you may want to use this in your favor for the next round of negotiations in a few years. i know we've bought tix elsewhere because we couldn't depend on any schedule at AWA - thanks for all the rides over the years we have caught though!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back