allegheny sim time

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

20sx

I don't if anyone remembers or is still here, but how much simulator training did Allegheny Airlines do on the Dash 8 in Atlanta back in 2002?

Thanks!

I think I remember doing 8 sim sessions followed by a checkride. That was 7 years ago now, though. Why do you ask???

yeah something like that, 7 sims and 8 was the ride, then a loft then IOE.

or 8 sims and 9 was the ride.

t8 should know.....

I don't if anyone remembers or is still here, but how much simulator training did Allegheny Airlines do on the Dash 8 in Atlanta back in 2002?

Thanks!

Odd question. Not sure exactly what your looking for. Initial was planned at 32 hours plus the check ride and a LOFT. That was standard for the ALG Initial for all sims-- ATL, YYZ, SEA, and LCC's Sim in CLT.

Cummulative training hours for ALG training at FSI ATL in 2002 would only be available from FSI or PDT Training Department, if they (PDT) even still keep the records. Sim blocks were pre-purchased from FSI. We had our own instuctor cadre.

If I remember correctly, post 9/11/01, we were in the downsizing mode, FSI YYZ was replacing "old No.1" (remember the Teleflex hand held!!?) and in 2002, we mostly used the CLT Sim. I don't remember if we used FSI ATL at all.

T8

I spent 8 sims riding the JUMPSEAT in Atlanta around November 01 for ALG. Had 6 weeks between CPT and my SIMS, they wanted me to go and observe?!?! WTF Then got stuck in CLT for my rides (with Little Hitler,assistant CP, what was his name?), those SIMS were garbage.

I spent 8 sims riding the JUMPSEAT in Atlanta around November 01 for ALG. Had 6 weeks between CPT and my SIMS, they wanted me to go and observe?!?! WTF Then got stuck in CLT for my rides (with Little Hitler,assistant CP, what was his name?), those SIMS were garbage.

Actually, the ATL Sim was my favorite, then the YYZ #4 Sim. I did a TCAS event on a Captain upgrade in YYZ in the # 4 Sim. #4 was brand new and had the new digital "wrap around graphics" 180 degree+ visuals. It ended up being a mid-air. When the Captain---and FO finally saw the NWA 747-400 at 2 o'clock, it was on top of them. It scared the captain so bad he literally jumped out of his seat and hit his head on the cockpit ceiling. I almost spotted I was laughing so hard.

T8

Well, I'm at a carrier now that uses sim time to meet their upgrade requirements. So, I've been scraping the barrel to count up all my old sim time. I couldn't remember how much I did back in Atlanta for Allegheny.

So, 8 sims, a checkride, and then I remember doing the 15% ride in Pennsylvania at that college town.

Thanks all!

What was little hitlers name and where did he go? I remember him sitting in the crew room with his checklist and stopwatch seeing if you were a second late for show time. I think he knew how much everyone hated him.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back