• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

All ATP School in Long Beach ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think your friend's journey should stop right at the BS in Engineering. That's not something to trifle with, or waste with a shake and bake flying school. If he must fly, why not get a military commission and have uncle sam pay for it?

The true cross country is something unique and I'm still jealous of! I hope they still do that. It's also almost all twin, which is great and the airline connections are good- I just don't like everything being canned profiles- but I'm biased- I went to an old school seat of your pants, situational thinking place that would purposefully get you out of the norm.

The elephant on the wall is finance. If he just graduated with a BS and used student loans for any of it, adding 60K in additional loans will make it unsustainable on F/O pay anywhere. OTH if he can get mom and dad to pony up, he will do just fine as a regional F/O, as long as they have a basement and cash.....

Long Beach is a great location to do the training. Good weather, great planes with two Garmin 430s, good mx on the planes, Signature FBO, the FAA examiner is fair and experienced with ATP if it's the same guy and there is a sim there to fly and practice your butt off. There are a lot of airline guys that go in there for the ATP or FE written that you can meet and network with too. A great experience for getting all of your certificates at a reasonable rate in twins. They train you just like an airline training program with flows and profiles so you are getting that experience right from the get go. If the airlines are where you want to be then I think ATP in LGB is a great place to get your work done. If your friend wants to get ahead before he gets there, have him get all of his writtens done. It's a ton of work but worth it in the long run. I instructed there although awhile back but I didn't go through the ATP program. It's a good school and location for training if it's anything like it was although times change. I know the scheduling has changed. And of course this is all contingent on a good instructor which makes it or breaks it in my opinion. The good thing there is if you don't like your instructor you just ask for the other guy/girl. The guys above all have valid opinions too especially waveflyer I believe he is exactly right. Call them up and talk to them or stop by and check it out to see what it's all about. Good luck!

Latest resources

Back