Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

808pilot

user being used
i know they still have guys on furlough... but a guy i fly with was wondering what their mins are...? or were...?

thx

And 4 yr preferred (read: must have a REALLY good reason for not having it or A LOT of PIC to offset)

it will be a nice day when they start hiring. Wish I knew some people there. This former Army paratrooper would like some inside help!

About 6 or 7 years ago I recommended a friend and he got the call. He passed the NASA sim ride that we use to do. He said that he felt that the review board went well. Weeks went bye and they finally sent him a letter saying "thanks for playing - but you no get job!"
O, forgot to mention - he was in his late 40's, typed in the 727 and the 737, current 737 Captain, over 10,000 hours - but he did not have a 4 year degree. It pissed me off so much that I tried to dig into it and find out if that was really the reason they tanked him. I got a hold of one of the senior Captains who was on the board, who acted pissed that I had found out he was on the board and that I was questioning his judgement on this guy.
The final word, the pilot's in the room liked the man, but the HR department said no go because he did not have a 4 year degree. At that time, the entire review board had to give a guy the thumbs up - if the one or two HR ladies said no, then it did not matter what the Captain's in the room thought...
There are a few guys around here without a 4 year degree, but not very many.

About 6 or 7 years ago I recommended a friend and he got the call. He passed the NASA sim ride that we use to do. He said that he felt that the review board went well. Weeks went bye and they finally sent him a letter saying "thanks for playing - but you no get job!"
O, forgot to mention - he was in his late 40's, typed in the 727 and the 737, current 737 Captain, over 10,000 hours - but he did not have a 4 year degree. It pissed me off so much that I tried to dig into it and find out if that was really the reason they tanked him. I got a hold of one of the senior Captains who was on the board, who acted pissed that I had found out he was on the board and that I was questioning his judgement on this guy.
The final word, the pilot's in the room liked the man, but the HR department said no go because he did not have a 4 year degree. At that time, the entire review board had to give a guy the thumbs up - if the one or two HR ladies said no, then it did not matter what the Captain's in the room thought...
There are a few guys around here without a 4 year degree, but not very many.
Such conceit from the Alaska HR Dept. Sorry to hear your friend was not hired. Alaska's loss IMO. Hope he found employment elsewhere with an airline more deserving of his qualifications and experience.

it will be a nice day when they start hiring. Wish I knew some people there. This former Army paratrooper would like some inside help!

Initials A.R?

Latest resources

Back