• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yep, just keep believing that management line.

Not a management line. An NMB truth.

If it were that simple, and there was as much incentive to park us as the management hacks claim, then why would they give us a contract at all? Wouldn't we all just be "parked" in negotiations.

Because if labor does act reasonably, then management has risk.

Due to [FAR 117, (but really your great contributions to our "productivity", ALPA)], we now anticipate publishing one more position bid this year in September with a March 2nd effective date, and it will likely include a reduced number of new hire slots and very few, if any, upgrades. As always, this information is being shared with you as most people appreciate the transparency.

I got mine. . . I got mine . . . I got mine. . .

67% of them didn't see this coming. Niiiiiice..... keep your heads in the sand!

Thos guys at ALPA don't care. This was a target contract for senior/select individuals. Hence the first 5 yrs of FO wages below Kasher and so on.

When I asked PDX rep about it he said "yeah we kinda missed that till it was too late". So what your saying is that in 18 months of neg's you failed to see that huge issue?

Are you that irresponsible or did you just ignore it cause less than 100 people on the current property fall into that catagory. All the while telling me every 2 mins he is the jr MEC guy with 7 years. Nice qualifier.

Oh sh*t toal shocker.....now only one bid vs two this fall. Less new hire classes, less upgrades, half credit lines and LOA's damn I guess that flying on resv and vacation was HUGE for our quality of life.

This will be a fun seven year contract.....

Oh sh*t toal shocker.....now only one bid vs two this fall. Less new hire classes, less upgrades, half credit lines and LOA's damn I guess that flying on resv and vacation was HUGE for our quality of life.

This will be a fun seven year contract.....

A flight attendant told me recently that they canceled the remaining FA new hire classes this year. Is that because we signed this contract too?

A pilot in new hire training also told me that GB or a CP told his class that the company is planning 2% growth next year. They'll get that just from adding seats to the planes. Has anyone read any recent SEC filings? I hope he's wrong...

A flight attendant told me recently that they canceled the remaining FA new hire classes this year. Is that because we signed this contract too?

A pilot in new hire training also told me that GB or a CP told his class that the company is planning 2% growth next year. They'll get that just from adding seats to the planes. Has anyone read any recent SEC filings? I hope he's wrong...

Wow. If only someone here would have mentioned somewhere some of the obvious pitfalls....I hope the 67% idiots enjoy their $2200.00 after tax dollar check on the 31st. Yep. Great job ALPA! Never dreamt of such a financial windfall....you dipschits are the best!

I finally got around to reading GB's newsletter.

I know I'm a real 'mo for thinking inside the box, but maybe management did get ahead of their staffing numbers. We all know they're not happy unless every single reserve is being used. It wouldn't be a weekend if we weren't being reminded that there are opportunities to fly.

I think you guys are giving management too much credit if you think they're already canceling bids and classes, because pilots may pick up flying on vacation days and reserves can pick up on days off. Do you really think they already know precisely how much extra open time will be picked up?

Hence my comment about canceled FA new hire classes. Maybe this is just a temporary hiccup before they roll right back into hiring. If we really do have a net gain of 6 planes next year, we need to staff them. We're not going to staff them through open time pick ups and VSA as y'all like to think.

They like to run this place lean. That won't change unless we fight for to put it in our contract.

I think you guys are giving management too much credit if you think they're already canceling bids and classes, because pilots may pick up flying on vacation days and reserves can pick up on days off. Do you really think they already know precisely how much extra open time will be picked up?

I think they have a pretty good idea of at least the low end of how much will be picked up. Let's see, pilot x has listed himself for VSA for every single day off he has ever had for the last 5 years, there are 300 guys like pilot x...I don't think the math is that hard. You might not get the high end of the range, but I think the low end...the minimum that we will pick up is pretty easy to guess.

I think the reserve pick ups could be huge. Especially at the "non-Seattle" bases, if you lived in base, bid a zone that hardly flies, and then picked up your 11 hours on one of your blocks of days off. You could be home 17+ days and get paid for 90 hours with 30 hours of block in a month.

I think these two sections give the company at least a free extra 10 pilots per position without hiring/upgrading a soul.

Latest resources

Back