Blues vs. Birds-Tailhook
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air
Future Pilot Hiring Full Time - Regular posted 03.10.06
Seattle, WA
Anchorage, AK
Los Angeles, CA

Requirements

Description:
Pilots airplane to transport passengers, mail, or freight, or for other commercial purposes. Reviews aircraft's papers to ascertain factors, such as load weight, fuel supply, load, route, or schedule to ensure safety of flight. Reads gauges to verify oil, hydraulic fluid, fuel quantities and cabin pressure are at prescribed levels prior to start engines. Communicates with control tower, ground and flight crew.

Domiciles:
Seattle, WA
Los Angeles, CA
Anchorage, AK

Minimum Qualifications:
Experience: Minimum of 3000 hours total pilot time in fixed wing aircraft. Minimum 1000 PIC hours in multi-engine (turbojet/ turboprop) aircraft or single-engine high performance military jet,or 750 PIC hours and 2000 SIC hours. Minimum 50 hours flown within the last 12 months.

Education:Four year degree from accredited institution required.

Licenses and Certificates: Airline Transport Pilot (ATP)

Health: Applicant must hold current First Class FAA Medical Certificate. Vision must be correctable to 20/20 in both eyes. Non user of nicotine products.

Legal Status: Applicants must be able to prove legal right to work in the United States. A background check will be completed for each applicant.

Candidates must possess:
-Excellent judgment and leadership skills
-Demonstrated command ability and maturity
-Ability to communicate effectively and learn rapidly
-Sound analytical ability and high tolerance to stress
-Professional demeanor and appearance

***Please note that these are minimum requirements and the majority of our applicants considerably exceed these standards.

Mooseflyer said:
What's your point?

I don't believe I need one. If you have a problem I suggest you read the sticky at the head of this forum posted by UAL78.

FL420 said:
I don't believe I need one. If you have a problem I suggest you read the sticky at the head of this forum posted by UAL78.

Take it easy chief - you're right, you don't need a point. But, I submit, what's the use of posting without one? I only asked because this is the same info that has been on the alaskaair website for the last few YEARS and was wondering if you had perhaps found anything that had changed. Nevermind - sorry to ruffle your feathers.....

... Education: Four year degree from accredited institution required. ...

But ... but ... Pilotyip says you don't need no schoolin' to fly airyoplanes. :rolleyes:

Mooseflyer said:
this is the same info that has been on the alaskaair website for the last few YEARS and was wondering if you had perhaps found anything that had changed......

I posted it because it seemed to be a new posting as it was dated 03/10/06. In my experience a new posting of old info(boilerplate?) might indicate they are opening a window and/or moving into a hiring mode.

Mooseflyer said:
What's your point?

Hey DUmb A$$, I mean Moose,

The point is that this in NEW info. Alaska has SIGNIFICANTLY changed their mins. Some of us read these board for this kind of info.

The OLD mins, in case you are interested were:

Minimum Qualifications:
Experience: Minimum of 1500 hours total pilot time in fixed wing aircraft. Minimum 750 PIC hours in multi-engine (turbojet/ turboprop) aircraft or single-engine high performance military jet. Minimum 50 hours flown within the last 12 months.

Education:Four year degree given preference.

So let me break it down for you:
They doubled the total time and increased the PIC requirement and require a 4yr degree.

And Moose, don't bother to post a reply, because you are WAY out of line.

Big Air said:
Hey DUmb A$$, I mean Moose,

The point is that this in NEW info. Alaska has SIGNIFICANTLY changed their mins. Some of us read these board for this kind of info.

The OLD mins, in case you are interested were:

Minimum Qualifications:
Experience: Minimum of 1500 hours total pilot time in fixed wing aircraft. Minimum 750 PIC hours in multi-engine (turbojet/ turboprop) aircraft or single-engine high performance military jet. Minimum 50 hours flown within the last 12 months.

Education:Four year degree given preference.

So let me break it down for you:
They doubled the total time and increased the PIC requirement and require a 4yr degree.

And Moose, don't bother to post a reply, because you are WAY out of line.

The four year degree is a preference, not a requirement.

inline said:
The four year degree is a preference, not a requirement.

From the company web site, dated 3/10/06:

Minimum Qualifications:
Experience: Minimum of 3000 hours total pilot time in fixed wing aircraft. Minimum 1000 PIC hours in multi-engine (turbojet/ turboprop) aircraft or single-engine high performance military jet,or 750 PIC hours and 2000 SIC hours. Minimum 50 hours flown within the last 12 months.

Education:Four year degree from accredited institution required.

Licenses and Certificates: Airline Transport Pilot (ATP)

Sure appears to be required to me.

So, Alaska has had my application for over a month. What's their problem. Phone has a dial tone. Every loser trying to sell me siding or refinance my house can get through! Why won't you call?

Latest resources

Back