Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LAZYB

Time wounds all heels.
Pilot wanted in McGrath. P/T winter, F/T Spring, Summer, Fall. 1000 TT minimum. Fax resume to 907-524-3409.

LAZYB said:
Pilot wanted in McGrath. P/T winter, F/T Spring, Summer, Fall. 1000 TT minimum. Fax resume to 907-524-3409.
The mind reels at the garden spots one could fly to from McGrath, makes Bethel look pretty good

ironwedge said:
The mind reels at the garden spots one could fly to from McGrath, makes Bethel look pretty good
I don't know about that.

Bethel: surrounded by miles and miles of flat, treeless, wet ground and a muddy, silty river. No bars. little or no big game. Bethel exixts almost exclusively for natives and those providing government services (directly of indirectly) to the natives. Essentially, Bethel is a welfare depot.

McGrath: Mountains, trees, moose, bears, wolves. Much nicer river (actually, it's the same river, but it's nicer upstream at McGrath) not far from historic mining districts. McGuire's Tavern. McGrath has a reason for existence which goes beyond delivering tax dollars to the Natives. There's mining, an air tanker base, guides, recreation.

I'd take McGrath over Bethel in a heartbeat.

A Squared said:
I don't know about that.

Bethel: surrounded by miles and miles of flat, treeless, wet ground and a muddy, silty river. No bars. little or no big game. Bethel exixts almost exclusively for natives and those providing government services (directly of indirectly) to the natives. Essentially, Bethel is a welfare depot.

McGrath: Mountains, trees, moose, bears, wolves. Much nicer river (actually, it's the same river, but it's nicer upstream at McGrath) not far from historic mining districts. McGuire's Tavern. McGrath has a reason for existence which goes beyond delivering tax dollars to the Natives. There's mining, an air tanker base, guides, recreation.

I'd take McGrath over Bethel in a heartbeat.
I've flown through rainbow pass enough times to know....I don't like McGrath. But then again, that's just me.

ironwedge said:
I've flown through rainbow pass enough times to know....I don't like McGrath. But then again, that's just me.
OK, different strokes for different folks, then.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back