airwis interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

fletch1

does anybody have any information on what the interview is like at Airwis? Do they still have the sim ride and a written test. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Do a search for this subject. It has been addressed a few times in the last few weeks/months. I know Jimbo and Speedtree both interviewed in the last few weeks. As far as I know the interview still includes a sim ride, written test (not the old 10 question one, this one has like 40 something questions and some are fill in the blank from what I understatnd), and an interview with HR and management pilot. I do know that AWAC really wants a person who has a good disposition and can play well with others. They have fired good pilots with bad attitudes, but kept on not so good pilots and given them extra training when they are good people. Of course you still have to pass the sim ride and have some sort of skill. Also, Beechnut might know a bit more about the process than I do.
Ask away if you have more questions.

Hi!

If you go to the interview in ATW, you will sim w/ Dell Cross, a (now retired, I think) -146 capt who has a beautiful excel sim set-up in his basement. I have heard a few people mention it is the best sim that they've seen, aside from a level-C/D sim.

He's a very good guy, and you can fly training sessions with him ahead of time if you wish. He also has a web page:

Destination Flight Sim
N9599 Emerald Ln
Appleton,WI 54915
920-749-9694

Previously, when the sim was broken (or Dell wasn't available) they skipped the sim, but I'll bet that's less frequent now that he's retired (age 60).

My buddy and I flew with him to get ready for our airline sim training after a furlough, and he is very good.

Cliff
GRB

Sorry, I can't help with the interview stuff. I was under the old testing and somehow they goofed and hired me. I have seen some good stuff at aviationinterviews.com.

Good Luck!

S.

I interviewed at the end of September and I was told ahead of time that I would not have to do the sim because I had over 3000 hours, more than 1000 multi turbine, and current 121. Aviationinterviews.com has all of the stuff that you need for the interview questions and written.

Good Luck!!

Latest resources

Back