airwis crjs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Found some conflicting info from their press release dated sept 26, 2002

AWAC is a privately held company providing scheduled passenger and airfreight service from 46 cities in 20 states and Canada with over 325 departures per day. AWAC operates a fleet of seventeen 86-100 seat British Aerospace 146 quad jet aircraft, ten 32 seat Dornier 328 high speed turboprop aircraft and twenty-seven 50 seat Canadair Regional Jets. The company employs about 3,100 people.

What is conflicting about your press release that is almost a year old.....since that time I can tell you the 17 BAC's is true, the last two D-328's will be out of service within a week, and I know we at least have 48 CRJ's right now ( apx 6 are in AirTran colors).......I think the number of firm orders on those are now at 75............can anybody back me up on that?? AD

Last edited:
We just brought our 7th RJ on the ATL property. I've heard we will have 10 by years end. A rumor of 30 total eventually. As far as the United RJ's that # sounds correct. They have phased out most of the Dorks.

You are right. I went back and read the release a little closer, it said that they planned on adding 25 RJs for UAL in 2003. That would make 45 sound about right. At the bottom of the stats it says

Aircraft On Order: 60 Canadair RJ (including 24 conditional orders, plus 75 options)

11 Air Tran Jet Connect RJs by December.

Last Do328 flight is scheduled for July 6th, but that was originally supposed to be June 30th. Before that it was June 26th. It appears Mesa cannot get their acts together.

Mayday.

Mayday911 said:
It appears Mesa cannot get their acts together.

And this surprises you how?????

MESA couldn't organize a blow job in a whore house let alone run a half desent operation. Frontier have found this out, UAL did years ago but all those who can remember at UAL are probably fired and the new bean counters are going to be when the glowing record of MESA becomes noticed.

Frankly I don't see MESA as a threat, they will be out of the picture with UAL in 18 months either from poor performance or JO shooting the golden goose.

Latest resources

Back