AirWis classes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

XJslave

Is there any news on Air Wisconsin new hire classes. I know there was on in Feb, does anyone know if there is a march class?

Does anyone know what aircraft and bases they got in the Feb class?

I think all the Feb. class were CRJ's based in ATL. As for the next class I heard that might not be till May or June. Maybe some Wiskey guys know a little better info.

We have just had a realignment issued due to the retiring of one of the Bacasaurs which has moved quite a few around through displacements etc. Added to the fact we don't know what UAL want it will probably be May before any new hires come on board. That said things change daily.

Just read this morning that the three Dinos that were on the chopping block have a new deal in place so they are staying. It's the best move for the lease holder because without us using them, they would sit in the desert not making any money, and some money is better than no money...

WD.

4 ORD 8 ATL , all CRJ. Unfortunately the word around the training center is that there won't be any more classes till June, but hopefully that will change. When the Feb class started they had told us about three weeks prior to that that there wouldn't be any classes at all in Feb and possibly March but here we are. Taking delievery of 4 CRJ's in April, then 2 a month thru the end of the year. As far as I've heard deals have been signed for 2 of the BAC's to stay. The third isn't looking to good due to it being up for C Check and the owner doesn't want to fork out $500,000 unless we sign a long term lease on it. Guess the word is he would make more scrapping it for spare parts, that's the lastest word we're getting. Good luck! AD

Last edited:
avrodriver,

How do you like Air Wisconsin so far? There are a few of us at XJ waiting for a class, and I can't wait to start.

Hi!

I read an earlier post by a Mesaba-->AWAC guy. He said he was worried he was making a lateral move, until about the 3rd day in class, when he realized that AWAC was great. He got DEN (I think his 1st choice). He was on reserve for 2 months. His line his 3rd month had 15 days off. He said that in his 3? 5? years at Mesaba he never got 15 days off on any line.

Cliff
GRB

Enjoy!

I'll confirm that last post by saying I have no regrets. Trust me I listened to plenty of "high and mighty"........well I'm not leaving Mesaba to make a lateral move to another regional and are you sure you want to as well AD? Yes this is another regional, no this isn't a lateral move. I had a chance to go to another regional instead of here when I left XJ where things definetly looked a little more promising than they do here (at first glance), but unless you are one of these "high and mighty" people that know of that way into a G V corp gig, or can just skip right on into AirTran, SW, JetBlue.......you best settle in for the long haul. This is a company where you can do that and they let you know that from day one. Yes other regionals are advertising the same "feel good song and dance", but they don't practice what they preach from the get go. I can't describe the corp culture here........I'm a newbie and I'm sure if I talked anymore someone would flame me about drinking the Kool Aide, etc, etc. Let me just say this I'm at the bottom of the company............that's not going to change for awhile till things get rolling again in May/June, I'm the first to go if anything all the nay sayers have been excitedly saying comes true. I left my security blanket of 200 guys under me at Mesaba and somehow I'm happier. Enough rambling.........trust me, I'm very excited to get more fellow XJer's on and it frustrates the hell out of me that we can't offer positions now. Keep your fingers crossed, I will too. In the meantime keep putting your stuff out to anyone that you deem worthy......if they offer you a position then you have some deciding to make, if not then we'll see you soon!-AD

I just came out of class in ATW. The latest word is no hiring for quite a while...maybe July. And that's assuming United doesn't go chap. 7, Bombardier keeps building planes, etc. There's a lot of potential negative factors. There is also talk of furloughs again. Buckle up, it's starting to get scary.

Furloughs huh....did someone just mention this in your ground school or did a manager come in and talk to you about the possibility of more furloughs? Of course furloughs are an option especially with the trouble UAL is in and the Mesa pilots threatening to lower the industry standard. That being said....why would you start trouble by mentioning it here? I know that some of our jobs are in jeopardy, the last thing I need to hear is that the company in ATW is considering furloughs at this point in time!! Some things are often left unsaid.

Mayday.

Latest resources

Back