Airtran Seat Availability

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SluffPuppy

Does anyone know how to see the open seats on an Airtran flight without buying a ticket? It would be nice to know if there are any seats before trying to jumpseat.

Thanks,
Sluffpuppy

On the FL website, go to number of people traveling and enter 9. That gives you a good idea how full it is.

SluffPuppy said:
Does anyone know how to see the open seats on an Airtran flight without buying a ticket?

Well, in a way Critter does require you to buy a ticket by charging you.... I believe 25 bucks?? Some say it is a good deal but......... buyer beware!!!

Rarely happens...I havent seen the 'pass fee' placed on a off line jseater for 2 years.. It has only happened once on my flight... I gave the Ol' senior UAL Cappy, out of LGA, his 25 bucks back in cash. He chuckled... asked me if I had a spare Lucky ?? LOL>...

Uppercrust.. not welcome on AirTran.. go inquire somewhere else.

I've always called and asked the agent at 800airtran. Explained that I was nonrevving, and very rarely have they refused to tell me. You can also lsit with them, as well. I can't get over how nice everyone at FL is to offline jumpseaters - outstanding company culture. Hell, I've even been upgraded to business class when they've seen a crew tag and I was traveling on a full fare ticket. Others should take note.

One more thing: one time late in the day, summer of 2001, coming out of BOS, the capt recognized me as being on his jumpseat several times before and told the gate agent of a full DC-9 (even the JS had an AirTran guy on it) that the plane wasn't leaving unless I was on it. He also pointed out to me as we held at BEBAD that when they started holding there instead of just MACEY, that things in ATL be real fukkiing bad.

Last edited:
Uppercrust said:
Well, in a way Critter does require you to buy a ticket by charging you.... I believe 25 bucks?? Some say it is a good deal but......... buyer beware!!!

Uppercrust is a liar who trolls this board attempting to confuse people. Don't listen to any of his nonsense. He's just a punk mama's boy typing away one key at a time on his little 'puter down in the basement.

AirTran Airways does not charge for the jumpseat. If the aircraft has one jumpseat installed, then they will take one jumpseater. If there are two jumpseats installed, then two jumpseaters. Exact same policy as Delta. If the jumpseat(s) are already taken, you may at your option, buy a Pilot-Only Non-Rev pass right there at the gate for $25 instead of having to go through your own company Pass Dept. If you don't want to do that, look up at the board, find the next flight to your destination and be the first in line for that one.

Haven't you heard, "critter" is no longer in business. Where have you been?

By the way...your avatar says it all.

Last edited:
DonVerita said:
AirTran Airways does not charge for the jumpseat. If the aircraft has one jumpseat installed, then they will take one jumpseater.

If the jumpseat(s) are already taken, you may at your option, buy a Pilot-Only Non-Rev pass right there at the gate for $25 instead of having to go through your own company Pass Dept.

Duuude, I freaking loved you in da Godfather, when you like put dat horsey head in dat Duudes bed!

You gots a fine way of like expainin stuff, but some a dees peepsmust be like WAAAAAYYYYYYY dummmer (or drunkerrr) than me, my brother from da Tranny Mother, cause some cat will be like slammin on da critters and likebe all mad and stuff abouts that ole jumpseat again real soon, bro.

Just don't ever ever be kissin me on da cheek an tellin me, "I knews it wuz you Fredo, now go swim wit da fishes!"

kman said:
Just to let you know delta no longer has the 1 jump per jumpseat rule anymore.

K Duuuude, can you be like tellin da peeps what the Delta DOES have for da jumpseater policy now?

What if me and da Don be showin up wit two cats from Ual and like 2 a them SWA duuudes, and there be like 40 seats open in coach, ya dig? So, my brother who I think be workin for Delta, so, bro, are we all gettin some love or what??

Thanks bro for givvin the intel to da peeps!

Latest resources

Back