• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2004 Profit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They are asking, but I don't think we will be giving. The ATA money was actually more of a benefit, something around $800,000 after all the fees were washed. Looking at it that way, we actually had an operating loss of about $500,000.

Fuel hedging benefits were around $38 million net benefit from hedging for the full year. Another $5.8 million saved from the fuel savings program.

Hedges going forward are pretty slim, 40% @ $0.95 for the 1st quarter, 24% the second, and 14 for the 3rd and 4th.

A pretty good quarter relative to the industry. Relative to any other business, pretty rotten.

Always one in the crowd...

TZFO said:
Did that 4Q profit of 1.1mil include the 3.5miil we gave you?

Actually I think Southwest "gave" it to us, because I don't believe "you" have any money.

Oh. My fault. I did not know SWA would pay the break-up fee. That's a good deal for us then. More money for corporate retention bonuses. Did SWA also pay the UAL-USair break up fee a few years ago?

I was at the last union meeting. It is common knowledge that management wants 12% in cost reductions through whatever avenue gets them there...not necessarily from pilot wages. Our negotiating team made it very clear to all in attendance that we WILL NOT participate in the race to the bottom that so many other airlines have been dragged into. Nor will we give concessions. It was pointed out that further efficiencies could be had (aka 12%) by cleaning up certain aspects of the current operation.

I am very happy to see that by management reporting $1 Billion in annual revenue, there can be no doubt that we are now officially a MAJOR airline. While that has no effect on the price of rice down in the bayou, it does foster a broader more global way of thinking and of inclusion.

DonVerita said:
I am very happy to see that by management reporting $1 Billion in annual revenue, there can be no doubt that we are now officially a MAJOR airline. While that has no effect on the price of rice down in the bayou, it does foster a broader more global way of thinking and of inclusion.

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.

DonVerita said:
Isn't your C-152 due for an oil change or something. Go back to playing Microsoft Simulator.

Hit a sore spot huh. Hope it didn't hurt too bad. My apologies.

DonVerita said:
I was at the last union meeting. It is common knowledge that management wants 12% in cost reductions through whatever avenue gets them there...not necessarily from pilot wages. Our negotiating team made it very clear to all in attendance that we WILL NOT participate in the race to the bottom that so many other airlines have been dragged into. Nor will we give concessions. It was pointed out that further efficiencies could be had (aka 12%) by cleaning up certain aspects of the current operation.

Preferential Bidding will increase productivity greatly!!!! I've seen it happen.

DonVerita said:

TAZ MAN said:
I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.

:D :D :D

Latest resources

Back