• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not to bash. But Costco actually is a great place to work. I know a couple guys who have worked there for a long time, moved up in the company and now make $100,00 plus a year. They started out calling out the stupid product numbers 15 years ago. Costco is actually one of the best company's in the country to work for. You can make $44,000 a year after 4 years AS A CASHIER! I will shop at Costco all day long. Good products at great prices and they treat their employees like gold. Walmart and Sam's can kiss my $%#. Don't believe me?
http://positivesharing.com/2007/07/analysts-to-costco-stop-treating-your-employees-so-well/

http://www.seattlepi.com/opinion/239023_rightoworkop.html

http://www.seattlepi.com/business/166680_costco29.html

And they employees love the CEO Jim Sinegal. Its actually nice to know there is still a CEO in the world that believes in his employees, and is not a greedy #$%^.

Last edited:
Oh, I agree completely. We need more Costcos in this county. They actually have a company policy that no employee in the entire company can make less than $10/hr. That's incredible. WalMart could learn a thing or two about still being able to make a huge profit while treating your people right.

Hi!

I couldn't pay the bills at Costco, even if I got a job there. I know a number of guys have been turned down by WalMart, Home Depot, etc. as they are over-qualified.

cliff
NBO
Cliff,
I've never understood this statement, maybe you all can shed some light on it, if someone is overqualified wouldn't you offer them that job for the same pay and hope they took it thus getting a better worker for the same price? Who knows.....

Hi!

I have personally been told I was "overqualified" for a job, and they refused to hire me, even though I agreed to the conditions. The company that owns the job can do whatever it wants...it doesn't have to make sense.

My crashpad might be in ATL, so it would be no better than in NBO???
Does it have potable water?
Does it have hot water at every tap? (we only have hot water in the shower and for drinking, out of an electric water cooler/heater).
Does the electricity shut off regularly, and then a backup generator comes on that won't power most of the stuff in the house?
Would I have to drive on a dirt road that is in HORRIBLE condition to get to work?
Would it have air conditioning?
Would I need mosquito netting, and suffer through getting bitten before bed every night, because no one is smart enough to manufacture screens for homes?
Most people in America are CLUELESS!!!

0450 showtimes?
I use to be on call 24/7 for several days straight, then go to bed (at whatever hour you choose), and after sleeping 15 minutes, get called for a 16+ hour duty day, into Mexico, with no EPGWS, no TCAS, and sometimes no GPS!!! Scary! And that was at my US airline. My current job has a lot better hours.

The longest I was on call, before I got a trip, was about 240 hours consecutively. Oh, and the showtime, if the trip was urgent? 25 minutes to report at Flight Following, in uniform, with all my crap, ready to go. 20 minutes later was rotation time.

NICE!

I think AirTran sounds AWESOME! Well, OK, I think it sounds very nice.

And, I realize that there are definitely better jobs out there. You tell me which better organizations are hiring, that I meet the mins for and I will apply. Just looked at the Virgin America website. Don't meet the mins.

Oh, and the American Capt I usually fly with here, he's on leave from Cathay Pacific. He says don't EVEN mention AirTran around him, because he turned down a job there, and he said it would be WAY better than Cathay, and it makes him depressed every time he remembers that he turned down AirTran. He also wishes he had stayed at Allegient, too. He said it's light-years better than Cathay.

cliff
NBO

Latest resources

Back