• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran or Spirit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Go to Airtran. Cause I want to go to Spirit. Did you you know someone over there or are they starting to call people without recs?

no recs for airtran and one newhire for spirit. got a call from AT and an email from spirit that you had to reply to.
good luck!

I just met the minimums for both of them and sent my updated resume last week.
I would still want to work for Spirit more than Airtran but its really personal. I live in miami, and I think the upgrade at Spirit might be faster if you get there now. (not sure at all. I just think this way because if you get at Spirit now, by 2013 the fleet sould have doubled and therefore if I am not wrong you should have half of the pilot group under you, seniority wise.)

On the other hand, Spirit is now a ultra low cost carrier and I wonder what s going to happen to the pilot pay.

savi,

Where have you been sending your resumes to for Spirit? I've been regularly updating my Airline Apps, but haven't heard a word from them... Also don't know anyone over there...

AirTran is bigger in terms of revenue and number of destinations. I think AirTran has more aircraft (including orders) but Spirit has ordered many aircraft recently as well - so you will see growth at both leading to shorter upgrade times. Seems like Spirit is betting on Latin American and Caribbean growth out of South Florida while AirTran is looking to avoid JetBlue and SWA domestically.

So, both would be good options IMO. I guess it comes down to the following question: would you rather fly Boeing or Airbus?

savi,

Where have you been sending your resumes to for Spirit? I've been regularly updating my Airline Apps, but haven't heard a word from them... Also don't know anyone over there...

I just met the minimums a couple of weeks ago.I have been updating every 15 days on airlineapps and I gave my resume last week to a friend of mine who works there. seems like it is a big plus to know someone.

"Seems like Spirit is betting on Latin American and Caribbean growth out of South Florida while AirTran is looking to avoid JetBlue and SWA domestically."

This is why I am more interested in Spirit. It looks like there is less competition on the international routes than there is domesticly.
Also, South Florida is home for a LOT of Latin Americans and Carribean people. I think thats pretty smart from Spirit to expand this way.

Airbus or Boeing, it doesnt matter to me. I was an Avionics tech on the A340 and the MD 82/3 (I know, its the 717's older sister:rolleyes: ) The 717 seems like a really capable airplane. one of the only ones to have auto land capabilty on one engine (somebody correct me if Im wrong)
But it must be cool to fly with a sidestick and all the cool technology.
For those in class or just interested , there is a really good add on to FS2004 for 40 bucks:
http://www.wilcopub.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=prod_airbus1
this thing looks like its really close to the real thing

Good luck to all

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back