Airtran interview???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flying-Corporal

What does it take to interview with Airtran? Did a few Air Incs., have internal letter of recommendation, meet the mins, no speeding, no dui, no accidents, etc.

Still silence.

What are the competitive mins? Anyone?

Same question I have. Two captain walk-ins, Had my stuff in for three years, met them at AirInc, and have times similar or higher to many guys I know who were hired there. Clean record-both flying and driving. Still nothing.

We do hire some skirts, but the list that came out did not represent some sort of "sea change". I believe that was the result of a Women in Aviation conference, or some other similar event.

Same question I have. Two captain walk-ins, Had my stuff in for three years, met them at AirInc, and have times similar or higher to many guys I know who were hired there. Clean record-both flying and driving. Still nothing.

Try a DUI or two, bust a few checkrides and wash it all down crossing a picket line. Ahh tastes so good. I bet you getta call then!:laugh:

We do hire some skirts, but the list that came out did not represent some sort of "sea change". I believe that was the result of a Women in Aviation conference, or some other similar event.
That would be it.

I highly doubt they don't have any PIC time...

I talked with SG on the phone while she was down in Orlando at that event. Those things are incredible. If you've never been, you ought to go. SO much better than a Kit Darby snake oil fest. You actually develop a sense that aviation might not be the den of thieves we've come to know it for...

Incidentally, I have another buddy who's had his stuff in for a while ask me what gives. I talked to SG and she said that, in addition to just meeting the mins, they like to see a few years of CA checkrides, in addition to just the min hours.

So, if you fly 800 hours or more a year and have only been a CA a year and a half, give it another year or so.

Also, if you didn't "click" with the person you did your meet and greet with at the seminar, you probably won't get a call. They do mark that on the resume when you're there...

Good luck!

p.s. You didn't show them a picture of your dog at the seminar, did you? ;)

Last edited:
So, if you fly 800 hours or more a year and have only been a CA a year and a half, give it another year or so.

Why post 500 PIC as requirement then? Why not making it a 1000?
1.5 as a captain that's over a 1000 PIC in a regional. "Give it another year or so" makes it 2.5 years total which over 2000 PIC.

I got an impression AirTran had a hard time finding pilots for fill classes recently.

Thanks for the info anyway.

I've gotten two friends hired in the past couple of years that had no 121 PIC time. One had milspec helicopter PIC and the other was a highly-experienced corporate jet captain with a year of 121 SIC.

Oh, yeah, neither of them had breasts.

Why post 500 PIC as requirement then? Why not making it a 1000?
I don't know. Just going on what I was told...

I got an impression AirTran had a hard time finding pilots for fill classes recently.
Ummm... no.

10,000+ resumes, full interview schedules, full classes, very few last-second no-shows and those were to guys who went to FedEx or SWA.

Still very much a desirable job.

I've gotten two friends hired in the past couple of years that had no 121 PIC time. One had milspec helicopter PIC and the other was a highly-experienced corporate jet captain with a year of 121 SIC.
I wondered how those guys were getting in. Had one in the class behind us, couldn't figure out how they were getting by the minimums.

Oh, yeah, neither of them had breasts.
Where's the fun in that? ;)

Latest resources

Back