• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran expands in Milwaukee, making Mitchell a hub

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Indy Air.... all over again... dont fool yourselves.

Indy Air.... all over again... dont fool yourselves.
Wish it was Indy Air again. Then they would be gone in less than a year. A little different this time. Republic using mainly E-170/E-190/Airbus while Indy used primarily CRJ-200. The two brands Republic is using were already developed. Plus, Republic still has guaranteed revenue streams from United, America, Delta, and USAirways.

The only bad news for Republic is they are going up against two of the strongest LCCs in the business (Airtran/SWA in MKE and SWA in DEN). Kind of tough to succeed when you are fighting companies that have cost structures to make money off $89 tickets all day long.

Don't forget to factor in the fact when the contract flying for the 'regional flying' comes due, the partner airlines may view unfavorably for supporting a company that directly competes with them on another certificate. I'm interested in seeing the time frames when the contracts are up for AMR, LCC, CAL and UAL.

I'm guessing the reverend hopes to have a combined Midwest/Republic/Frontier all spooled up before the unraveling of his contract flying happens.

Time will tell.

Yes, I hope it works out for the majors too.

Why a two year base lock? It doesn't cost the company any money for a pilot to voluntarily change domiciles. (unless you have the dorked up 479 outstation bases across 39 different certificates as we do here at RAH)

Seat lock is only if you take the moving money.

Latest resources

Back