• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airports you do not like

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Too bad MRY isn't on the chopping block. Those controllers are ridiculous. I read back a full-route clearance to TEB using the names of the 15ish VORS that he had just given to me phonetically, and they asked me to repeat using phonetics because they weren't that familiar. It's never taken me so long to get a clearance. Painful...

I've had problems with that clearance deliver too. I can't remember the reason, but I had to read back a full route clearance three times because of some little word that we skip a lot for brevity. He wouldn't even tell me what it was. I finally just said "got it" and went about my routine.

Try stuffing a G-IISP in there. I was soooooo glad when the boss moved closer to TRM.

I had a lot of fun watching that. I was sitting around on the ramp waiting for PAX flying a KA200 and was very happy I didn't have to deal with flying a largish jet into UDD. Although you had air conditioning...

Taxiing past the T hangars must be a treat with the G2 wingspan. I always puckered a bit with the Ultra and the Piaggio. :eek:

But then, I'm a wimp. :p

Taxiing past the T hangars must be a treat with the G2 wingspan. I always puckered a bit with the Ultra and the Piaggio. :eek:

But then, I'm a wimp. :p

We had to back taxi the northwest end of the field because the backyard fences of some of the houses were too close to the taxiway. Especially with the extra couple of feet of span on the SP.

Thermal was much mo betta.

I'd have no idea what the mix master was either, but perhaps that was the controllers way of suggesting his favorite nuddy bar! ;-)

I35E meets 635.

S'ok. The other day PDX approach wanted us to call the power lines that cross the Columbia in sight for a visual, they didn't call them the power lines but something else, and we were both looking at each other shrugging.

DFW, LAX and IAH are no big deal. The ground controllers go out of their way to keep you out of the crap near the ramps. Never had a problem at any of them other than LAX tower loving to swap a runway on you and trying to launch you before it is humanly possible to reprogram and verify the FMS with your pardna.

I don't want to think about SUN, SMO, or APF without towers, and anyone saying it will be no big deal flies Microsoft Flight Simulator and not the line.

Latest resources

Back