Ohio University Contract Posting No. 04 119 09 01
Director, Airport Operations
DEPARTMENT: AIRPORT OPERATIONS
CAMPUS: ATHENS OU Position Number:
PN102583
Available:

Immediately following search
Salary:
Compensation will be competitive, commensurate with experience.
Minimum Qualifications:
Significant experience (5 years) in airport management, including development and oversight of airport construction projects and airport planning, preferably at an airport with regional airline service; Documented experience in writing grant proposals and with other fund raising activities, including revenue-generating airport special events; Experience in relations/liaison with government agencies relating to airport operations, including FAA, DOT, EPA, etc.; Excellent communications/public relations skills and the ability to represent the airport within the University and to all airport user groups, as well as to government agencies/entities; Experience in labor relations with a unionized workforce; A Bachelor's degree or higher in business administration, public administration, engineering, or other management-related field (highly desired, but may be waived based on breadth of professional experience in airport management); and some experience in aviation operations (flying) or maintenance management, and a working knowledge of a university environment.
Responsibilities:
The Director reports to the Vice President for Research and has principal responsibility for operations and administration of the airport, including management of day-to-day airport operations, community relations, university relations, Community Flight Training Program oversight, general aviation tenant relations, and government relations. The Director will also be expected to take an active role in fundraising; including planning revenue-generating airport special events and writing grant proposals. A more detailed list of responsibilities may be found on the airport website (www.ohiou.edu/airport). Candidates must have an understanding of and commitment to affirmative action and equal employment and educational opportunities.
To Apply:
TO APPLY: Send cover letter, resume (with address/phone/email), and three professional references, in confidence, to: Airport Operations Search Committee, Office of the Vice President for Research, Ohio University, 120 Research & Technology Center, Athens OH 45701-2979. E-Mail: [email protected]

E-Mail:[email protected]

onthebeach said:
Candidates must have an understanding of and commitment to affirmative action and equal employment and educational opportunities.
Is it possible to understand affirmative action and be committed to it? I think not.....

It's all crap. They already have someone selected. This is just the advertisement for public/political recognition and grant money maneuvering. These guys swing so high up in the tree tops they've never seen real America.

You are badly mistaken, my friend.

>>It's all crap. They already have someone selected. This is just the advertisement for public/political recognition and grant money maneuvering. These guys swing so high up in the tree tops they've never seen real America.<<

You are badly mistaken, my friend.

This advertisement is real, for a real job...a good job, for someone who meets the qualifications.

The pay is good, the benefits are good, and the demands and challenges are there.

They have no one selected, they are looking for applicants...just like the advertisement said...or do you have trouble reading?

Managing an airport is not a simple or easy job. If you are not interested in managing an airport, don't apply. It's really as simple as that.

Hint: The ability to shoot off your mouth is a handicap, so you would be doing them and yourself a favor if you don't send in a resume. Have a nice day.

onthebeach said:
This advertisement is real, for a real job...a good job, for someone who meets the qualifications.
But by virtue of the requirements. Understand and being committed to affirmative action they disqualify themselves because they are losers.

onthebeach said:

The pay is good, the benefits are good, and the demands and challenges are there.

They have no one selected, they are looking for applicants...just like the advertisement said...or do you have trouble reading?

Managing an airport is not a simple or easy job. If you are not interested in managing an airport, don't apply. It's really as simple as that.

Hint: The ability to shoot off your mouth is a handicap, so you would be doing them and yourself a favor if you don't send in a resume. Have a nice day.
Have a nice day yourself,.... Friend!

Nothing in the post said anything about benefits or pay. You seem to have some expanded interest in this place, I wonder why. I know exactly what it takes to run an airport and most of it is to listen to big mouth fat ego's like you with a smile and cocky attitude. If you don't like my opinion, blow it out your ass.

HINT: Have a nice day.

Since we are seeing who can piss the farthest my resume is listed onLine along with my address. Who are you?

Airport Director= Largest waste of taxpayer money around. Bull**CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** position, politics dictate recipient. If you happen to be in the presense of a "Airport Director" don't bend over to pick up your wallet if you drop it. Anyone defending the esteemed position of "Airport Director" is either "tossing salad" with the director or has his or her nose so far up the EEOC as* that they can't see straight. Sounds like the perfect job for the forum's English proctor Tony the "C" and Onthebeach as his cabana boy.

Applying never hurts however simply flying an aircraft in no way qualifies one for an airport operations position. Other than the ones who fly most of my mil buds went this route after years of experience at running military airfields. There is tremendous pressure on the civil side to hire only those with accreditation from the American association of airport executives (AAAE)

Eoe

Russ said:
Applying never hurts however simply flying an aircraft in no way qualifies one for an airport operations position. Other than the ones who fly most of my mil buds went this route after years of experience at running military airfields. There is tremendous pressure on the civil side to hire only those with accreditation from the American association of airport executives (AAAE)
More junk. American Association of Airport Executives is the country club.

Want to hear the conversation?

Oh say George, hows Madeline? Heard she went in for an exploratory, hope things are OK. I understand Dr. McGregor was the man, good fellow. We did a stint together at Harvard you know.

Say, George, my little girl, Melony, is graduating this May. Got a degree in aviation of sum sort, wants to be involved in the airport biz. You think you could open a spot for her by May? Ticket agent, Oh that's great, George. I owe you one, send your little one by with more of those Girl Scout cookies, we just love them.

No doubt the job is real. But the post is filled before the ad hits the street; and that is neither good nor bad. But if you are not connected don't bother applying unless you really like rejection. And there is nothing super ordinary about the Directors position. Anyone with an AAAE certificate knows what is involved so there is no need to post a description of the job unless you are trying to magnify the prestige to an ignorant public.

Afirmative Action is another useless phrase. Why would a company feel the need to advertise EOE? :D Show them pearly whites, someone might be watching.

Catbird said:
Airport Director= Largest waste of taxpayer money around. Bull**CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** position, politics dictate recipient. If you happen to be in the presense of a "Airport Director" don't bend over to pick up your wallet if you drop it. Anyone defending the esteemed position of "Airport Director" is either "tossing salad" with the director or has his or her nose so far up the EEOC as* that they can't see straight. Sounds like the perfect job for the forum's English proctor Tony the "C" and Onthebeach as his cabana boy.
Awe, come on, Catbird -- you should know by now I'd make a LOUSY politician. I'm not that good a liar!

:)

Thanks for thinkin' of me, though. ;)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back