• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airplane Washes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do not ask about prop wash, if we are not there to witness it, the joke is worthless.
The guy here gets 1,100.00 per Citation V. That takes him 8 hours and includes inside and out. You will work your azz off to make it look right.Plus you need insurance, try getting that for a Jet.
Most FBO's charge for this service and just pay a line guy to do it.
I looked into it and found out most airplane owners are tighter than bark on a tree.
Good luck but pizza delivery includes tax free tips...and sometimes other things that are worth more...if ya know what I mean.

I gonna have to second the become a lineguy advice. It is absolutely amazing the number of good contacts you can make doing it. Also I think many operators will look at the quality of work you do as a lineguy, and will be more open to taking you up on an offer to wash the airplane. I think just some random 17 year old knocking on your door offering to wash the airplane would be a tough sell for most outfits. If you plan on doing aviation as a career, the contacts made as a lineguy can be invaluable, its what allowed me to start sitting right seat in a king air at 300 hours, which lead to a part time king air job, which lead to a full time king air job, which lead....well you get the picture. Just go out there, work hard, be safe, do a little chit chatting and you will be set.

Not sure where you live but starbucks payed for a decent chunk of my flight training, even got insurance and they started doing tuition assistance.

Hmm wonder if that includes a type rating..haha

Working at an airport is a great way to make contacts, it was what I did to get my ratings. I did it part 61, did line service, came out of it debt free.

I approached an airplane dealer when I was getting my PPL and offered to trade washing for flying. It worked out well. Be sure to use gloves: It's amazing how many sharp edges there are!

Latest resources

Back