Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cyork25

Okay Guys,

We are thinking about adding an airplane to our fleet, we just don't know which one to think about. It will fly 100-200 hrs per year, needs to seat 11-14, the more range the better, 2 to 6 mil range. Any suggestions?

yow, tough to find. Jet or turboprop? What's the average mission?
D-Jet, maybe, or, turboprop, one of the big Jetstreams?

1400 NM seats full, 14 paxs, 6 mil top of budget. I may be wrong but I think you need to add another 20 mil and get something in the large Gulfstream class.

probably 700 to 1400 mile trips with the seats full.

I'll post this for your consideration:

I operate a Merlin IVC.

Assuming 14 passengers at 215 lbs, you can travel 3 hours at 250kts TAS with 1+ hours of reserve. For every hour beyond that, subtract 500 lbs in pax and bags. You could probably take 8 pax 1400 nm nonstop in still air.

We have a 13 seat configuration that is spacious and comfortable for the passengers. A full lav and plenty of luggage space are colocated in the tail. Because we use club seating, you could easily reconfigure to fit 14 seats and still be comfortable.

The aircraft operates at about $1100 per hour.

Purchasing and refurbishing a cargo Merlin/Metro will run about $2 million (less if you can buy a heavy and avoid the conversion).

The aircraft is very reliable and rugged and can be operated with one or two pilots.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back