Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airlines gunning to keep biz-jets out of some airspace?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks, Guitar Guy. I was "acquired" by AA in the TWA deal. I'm pretty much committed to corporate now(combination of lousy seniority at AA and the mess that the airline business is in now and my advanced age... ;) ). Plus, I'm really happy doing this. I got lucky after my furlough--REAL lucky.

The airlines are desperate right now. If they can't feed on each other, the legacies will go after whatever entity might be draining their revenue.

Fracs have expanded at the cost of the premium pax the airlines once depended on for revenue. AND now, the fracs are siphoning off some big buck pax with their charter business. Just my view.

Happy New Year.TC

If the frax can give the big buck pax what they want and they are willing to pay for it, that is there choice. Aviation users should not be denied anything because the airlines are pissed off that there poor service high fares schedules etc made them a last resort for the business traveller with a few extra bucks.

Dinosaurs

Yeah, I don't get it. As much as I commute on the airlines to get to/from work, seems like most flights are darned near full (CO,SWA, AT, AA). Full of screaming kids, beer brethed guys in shorts and flip-flops and a cadere of illegals going to find their piece of Amer-ee-ka. No, I'll keep my corporate job, thank you very much. Get my annual 10% increase, beautifully maintained a/c, and interesting domestic and international destinations (okay, not TEB, ATL etc...)

I can honestly say as a regional airliine pilot that the closing of Meigs adversely effected the ops at MDW in regards to airline aviation ops. Sorry guys... but before Meigs closed we rarely had any ground delays. After Meigs closed whenever a big convention is in-town we started experiencing ground delays and flow delays into MDW. So there are times when the additional traffic load is a problem. ATC can only handle so much traffic and when a convention hits town look out. It only effects you on on one flight but we end up being delayed all day. Sorry but I am just calling it as I see it.

aeronautic1 said:
Yeah, I don't get it. As much as I commute on the airlines to get to/from work, seems like most flights are darned near full (CO,SWA, AT, AA). Full of screaming kids, beer brethed guys in shorts and flip-flops and a cadere of illegals going to find their piece of Amer-ee-ka. No, I'll keep my corporate job, thank you very much. Get my annual 10% increase, beautifully maintained a/c, and interesting domestic and international destinations (okay, not TEB, ATL etc...)

other than it not being a good idea for safety reasons, why are shorts and flip flops a problem?

are you privy to some special information to determine whether or not passengers are here legally? do tell

the screaming kids and beer breath...i'm with you there

controlledburn said:
I can honestly say as a regional airliine pilot that the closing of Meigs adversely effected the ops at MDW in regards to airline aviation ops. Sorry guys... but before Meigs closed we rarely had any ground delays. After Meigs closed whenever a big convention is in-town we started experiencing ground delays and flow delays into MDW. So there are times when the additional traffic load is a problem. ATC can only handle so much traffic and when a convention hits town look out. It only effects you on on one flight but we end up being delayed all day. Sorry but I am just calling it as I see it.

Don't tell US....tell Das Fuhrer Daley!

Latest resources

Back