• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airline Pilot profession losing it's luster

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Cant lose what we havent had for near a decade- we" re the lamest labor group in the freaking world

Cant lose what we havent had for near a decade- we" re the lamest labor group in the freaking world

AMEN to that brother!

Just look at some of the senseless chatter here on FI; I am better than you because the paint job on my jet is different than yours, or I am God's gift to aviation because the government (which I now despise) financed my training for me.

We are a bunch of whiny children, wearing polyester grade school outfits adorned with shiny plastifool's gold regalia duping ourselves into pretending we are captains of our own destiny. As long as we keep on deriding each other and celebrating the misfortunes of our fellow colleagues we will continue to reap the bitter fruits of ever more creative management inspired cram-downs!

Management can do what they want, when they want, simply because most of us in the aviation labor pool are too dazzled by our own BS to realize what the score has been for a long time now!

Last edited:
Tell pilots over and over that they are just earning a wage and soone they will believe it. The VA and Skybus pilot uniform is deliberate.

the article states that the "flag" carriers havent hired anyone in a decade. where was the author in 2007-2008?

Still an above average paying job, and if you love flying airplanes it can not be beat. However the job security sucks.

Still an above average paying job, and if you love flying airplanes it can not be beat. However the job security sucks.

I asked my mortgage lender once if I could skip a payment because I was having money problems during furlough #3. They said, "NO". I countered with, "but I love flying airplanes".

One of the draw backs.

I asked my mortgage lender once if I could skip a payment because I was having money problems during furlough #3. They said, "NO". I countered with, "but I love flying airplanes".
as I said after having 9 flying jobs in 33 years, job security is not one of the benefits.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back