Airline Nuptials?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RichardFitzwell

Keep an eye out for a possible marriage announcement in the next couple months. Two airlines. Currently with disparate fleets and route systems. The ceremony may be officiated by an aircraft manufacturer, who may be right now sponsoring the rehearsal dinner.

Further we sayeth not. For now.
http://www.aviationplanning.com/

This could shake things up...venture to take a guess? Could this be a way to save United or USAir?

Merger

Could this be the culmination of an on-again, off-again romance? Inquiring minds want to know . . . . .

Nice imagery and metaphors in your post. :)

Man I hope they are not implying that United and US Airways will merge.

That would be like two lovers joining hands before they jump off a cliff. Not smart, and not likely.

Skeezer

This is going to drive me crazy for weeks... Mr Boyd has phrased that perfectly to reveal almost nothing. If a mfg is involved, I'd be willing to bet it's Airbus. They've been historically much more creative when it comes to finding homes for their aluminum. By disparate fleets then, one would surmise that one carrier would have at least a significant number of Airbii and the other a similarly significant Boeing presence. I can't imagine that UAL or U are candidates here, as surely something would dribble out of the BK courts if something this large was up their sleeves. Southwest is characteristically unperturbed, why hassle with a merger. That leaves precious few Airbii owners, Northwest, jetBlue, Frontier. The latter two would be a novel match, but I don't see what the motivation on the part of Airbus Industrie, they have those two carriers sewn up. Northwest/Alaska? Frontier/Airtran?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back