Airline Dispatcher Training

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Smacktard

Does anyone know of a facility in or around Atlanta or Jacksonville that offers the standard airline dispatcher training courses? Thanks...

Around JAX and ATL not sure. I got my dispatchers liscence at Sheffield in Ft. Laudedale-6 week ground--very intense-and recognized as being the best in the country-almost gauranteed a job after grad. Hope that helps

Licenses is a license from anywhere.....

SQUAKVFR said:
Around JAX and ATL not sure. I got my dispatchers liscence at Sheffield in Ft. Laudedale-6 week ground--very intense-and recognized as being the best in the country-almost gauranteed a job after grad. Hope that helps
My advice was passed to me when I started 5 years ago and I have found it to be quite accurate, not a single employer has ever asked me where I got my license, frankly they dont really care. Most schools just push information at you to pass the basic written and oral test given by the FAA.

Once you are hired with someone they have to put you through their classes and training in the companies Operation Specs and aircraft. They know you will have alot to learn in a new job and expect you to know the basic FAR's and generalized material.

Just make sure the school you choose is FAR 65 approved by the FAA and your good to go. Some teachers are better than others, but dont get talked into expensive schools in crash course with high failure rates..Especially dont get caught up in the gauaranteed job hype, there is no such thing, some school have developed airline contacts the same way you can right here on the internet and directly with each airline..

One last word of warning, make sure you realize what the employment picture really is for this industry.....warning, alot of experienced/licensed folks are on the street or will be soon, you stand little chance against them in the job market......This is the reality of the current job market!

Good luck

Dab

I never attended, but I believe Phoenix East in Daytona Beach offers dispatcher training. I'm not sure of anything in JAX or Atlanta.

I'm sure someone will speak up and argue about it, but I would not reccomend Pheonix East. I met two people that wnet through them and neither was trained well. Neither of them could get past an initial Competency Check.

I got mine in College (Not ERAU). I would reccomend either Sheffield or Flight Safety.

East

I wasnt going to knock them, but I'd go Sheffield, Bill Phelps or to Hurst, TX before Phx East. I still wouldnt pitch a resume with Phoenix East on it. I've interviewed many potential dispatchers that have gone to the big schools and wasnt impressed. I'm suprised some of them made it past their examiners. When someone can't tell me the basics such as when an alternate is required or cant answer easy questions which are straight from the written, I have problems offering positions. I'm no expert, but at least the numbers 1 2 3 mean something to me...or is it 2 1 3... how bout when the weather is less than 200 and 1/2... whatever...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back