Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

StaySeated

IBT does not represent ME
I know Darby is a parasite, so please skip that rant. I have one day off this weekend and am thinking of attending the Atlanta seminar. With commuting I will only be there for one session. I was wondering how long the lines usually are to speak with an HR rep and if I could speak with three different airlines over a two hour period. Thanks for your input.

I have only been to one seminar with arinc and it worked out really well for me. The lines stay pretty lengthy at the majors tables but usually you can walk up and just have a quick hello ask about the hiring forecast and give them a resume. One of the most helpful things Ive found was the regional carriars (domestic) like Spirit, Jet blue, Midwest express and Southwest. If you can get a contact phone number to actually call there hiring department is quite helpful. Show enthusiasm and keep your options open. I got 3 calls for interviews from the seminar I went to. Hope this helps.. GOOD LUCK>(I HEARD FEDEX WILL BE THERE>TRY AND TALK TO KIM>>>>

I went to the one in ATL a few years ago for the sole purpose of meeting Plato Ryan. He was there, but his assistants wouldn't let you get near him. I stood in line for hours to spend 5 seconds giving my resumes to United, Alaskan, UPS, Fedex, etc. Then we had 911, and I never heard anything from anybody. I got an interview with NetJets, but turned it down. Hopefully it will be better for you.

I went to the one in Dallas in Jan '02. In about 3 hours, I managed to get through the lines of FedEx, SWA, Jetblue, UPS, Airtran, Comair, and a couple of small outfits of which the names escape me. Well-worth the money to me.

which airlines called you for the interview?
Midwest express, airtran, Spirit, and a few small fractionals. I found it well worth my time. One thing is, they all called within a few days which made scheduling interviews difficult but thats not a bad thing. Good luck young JEDI

June 21 Airinc conference

Air inc this past weekend was truely an experience to forget. If it wasn't for the fact that I saw many friends which I hadn't seen in years it would have been a total waste. For Air Inc to charge the amount of money that they did to just walk around a hotel and get snubbed by overworked HR reps is rediculous. On top of that you have also got to deal with the other pilots who are irritated at how crappy the situation really is.

I was standing in one line for an hour and finally got to the front of the line when the 3 guys in front of me asked me to jump ahead of them so that they could "Talk to Jill" at the Airtran table. I guess she was the head HR person. They didn't want to cause a scene and look bad. I almost decked the guy for even asking. I guess he considered himself more important than me and I could go talk to the other flunky's as long as he took care of himself. No worries though, I moved on to another line and let them get on their knees for and grovel.

In general there were few airlines present and the whole episode was DEFINATELY not worth $214 admission, a flight ticket, hotel, and rental car. I only hope that the 3 companies that got my resume will give all the expense and effort of the whole ordeal into account.

:( :eek: :p :mad:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back