AirInc Jan Dallas

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SWAnnabee

Never been to one of these. Military type getting out in 2004. Is it worth attending? Anyone know for sure who will be attending? What will the cost of admission be?

Go

Go. It's worth it.

Don't pay for all of the seminars, though. They don't really tell you a lot you don't already know. Shaking hands face to face with the likes of John Ryder, et. al. is worthwhile. Many will tell you otherwise. The question is; how could it possibly hurt? The jobs won't come to you. Go to them. And say hi to PilotYIP at the USAJet desk. Nice guy.

Posted many times before

I got out of the Navy in 1977. I wish Air Inc had been around then, you learn so much about what is going on in the industry and how to get started in a successful career search. Well worth the money going once, like Hugh said stop by the USA Jet booth and say hi

I have heard great things about Air Inc. My friend at AirTran told me it's a big + if you want to be hired by AirTran. I plan to attend and hope to see you there.

By the way, you will enjoy talking to pilotYip at the USA Jet stand. I worked for USA Jet, great group of guys FIRST CLASS training department.

Mad Dog 80

I am going with two other friends. Maybe we should start a flightinfo.com table!!!
I haven't been to one yet, but many in my squadron have - I think it is good to hear what all of the airlines have to say about "where they stand." Also, I am going to the military to civilian transition seminar on Friday night to figure out what the hell I am getting myself in to. Hope to see you there

Learherkjay;

I'll see you at the Mil-Civ transition-- I'm getting out in 5 months... Yipes!

Mad Dog 80 said:
I have heard great things about Air Inc. My friend at AirTran told me it's a big + if you want to be hired by AirTran.

I have a buddy who is starting at Airtran soon. He knew nobody at the company, went to an Air Inc. convention and handed his resume directly to Jill N. He's glad he spent the $200.

AirInc

There is nothing at one of their "seminars" that you can't get for free with a little searching on the web. If you are competitive you don't need to shake hands with the recruiter to get an interview and if you aren't it won't matter with whom you shake hands. (Practicing for my next career in journalism). Rather than help make Kit Darby rich, search boards like this for the info and links you need. Ask your friends and squadron mates who have already gotten out and you will make contacts along the way who will help you more than Airinc ever could. They are more about motivation than good information and most of the military guys I know are already motivated without having to pay a couple hundred bucks for some of KD's inspirational babble.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back