• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Aircraft Current

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The FAA sanction guidance table calls for a certificate suspension between 30 and 90 days. But if part of the evidence was that you asked before doing it and decided, "Heck, I can handle that," they'd probably forget about the table.

Not quite, if there is more than one count the Judge can issue a judgment for more than the "recommended" sanction. If in this case I see: "91.13 Careless or reckless operation" in the background. That can really up the sanction. I have watched Judges rip the airman a new orifice before the judgement. Then ....BOOM...... Certificate and the time and dollars it took - go bye.....

Not quite,
Why "not quite?"

==============================
The FAA may impose sanctions above the normal ranges when the following circumstances, relating to factors b, d, e, and h of paragraph 4 are present: the violation is other than inadvertent the violator has a violation history, the violation involves a significant degree of hazard, or the violator has a poor compliance disposition.
==============================

Mark, after reading your post then mine, I think we are saying the same thing. The Judge can rule outside the "normal" sanction if they decide to. You posted the quote.

JAFI

Latest resources

Back