Air Wisconsin

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CaptO'Brien

Anyone know the current upgrade time at Air Wisconsin? How many hours can a new hire expect to fly per month? Thanks

Anyone know the current upgrade time at Air Wisconsin?

Junior award is just over 3 years; there is a bid out right now that might lower it by another 2-3 months.

How many hours can a new hire expect to fly per month? Thanks

I think a PHL FO who just looked at the Sept. bid packet can give you a better idea of that...;)

Anyone know the current upgrade time at Air Wisconsin? How many hours can a new hire expect to fly per month? Thanks

3.3 years to get the award, at least it was for me.

We currently have upgrade classes of about 8-10 running through August, which as a result means we are currently or going to be short FO's.

Anyone who joins right now, probably won't be on reserve more than a month or 2.

So currently 3-3.5 years as junior FO to Capt? Is there also a hour requirement on company aircraft? Thanks for the info.

CaptO'Brien said:
Is there also a hour requirement on company aircraft?

If hired today, you'll have plenty of time in the airplane by the time you get awarded an upgrade.

So currently 3-3.5 years as junior FO to Capt? Is there also a hour requirement on company aircraft? Thanks for the info.

No hourly requirements to get the upgrade, although you do at least have to have the ATP mins.

When I said a new FO wouldn't be on RSV for long, that was in PHL. In ORF you'll be on RSV for the rest of your natural life.

One more thing...I'm a little confussed with the upgrades being diffrent at diffrent bases...If i took a diffrent base i can upgrade faster? Everyone isn't on the same seniority list?

I am open to moving wherever...I would probably prefer a nicer place to live...maybe a little warmer...but if i am going to sit there and rot while waiting for an upgrade then i would rather live somewhere else.

One more thing...I'm a little confussed with the upgrades being diffrent at diffrent bases...If i took a diffrent base i can upgrade faster? Everyone isn't on the same seniority list?

Yes everyone is on the same seniority list, but staffing requirements are different in every domicile.

Over-simplified example:

You live in ORF and are a senior lineholding FO. A vacancy comes out for 4 captains each DCA and PHL due to attrition. You are senior enough you could hold one of those openings. You could choose to bid for DCA or PHL RSV CA, or you can bid to remain an ORF FO until you can hold ORF RSV CA. It all depends on what your priority is - position or domicile.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back