• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Wisconsin Pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Beechnut, sorry to be uninformed, but I'm a total outsider here.

Assuming I don't have access to any of the senior guys to ask, please explain what you mean about animosity between the two pilot groups (and which 2 pilot groups are we talking about, here?). And, what is significant about the early 1990s?

Also, are there any rumors floating around about what Air WI will do if 1) UAL stays afloat, or 2) UAL shuts down?

Do I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ACA PILOTS!?? OF COURSE I DO! I HAD TO LIVE WITH 2 OF THEM FOR ALMOST 6 MONTHS! NEVER AGAIN! Just kidding...

I don't know the in's and out's of it to a great detail, but I do know that when UAL broke up AirWis, ACA bought some of our (or what were ours at one time) airplanes and some of the pilots went with them. I don't know if they were put on the bottom of the list or integrated, but somehow this caused some problems between the two groups. Did you know Dulles used to be a base for AirWis? I'm really stretching my memory here, but I think Richmond was too. Anyhooooo, those folks were sold to ACA. Some of those folks are back at AirWis too. I flew with a guy that said he was considered "furloughed" from AirWis when he was sold to ACA. He took a HUGE pay cut going from AirWis to ACA but had to do it to keep a flying job in those dark days. He was recalled to AirWis from ACA once we started expanding again.

Like I said before, the story gets hazy for me and I may be off on some of those "gems of knowledge." Anyone that was there first hand, or has a better grasp of it, I'd love to hear it!

I hear AirWis's ultimate revenge plan is to buy ACA and force ACA pilots to clean the crappers on the 146's. Go ahead and spread that one around.

S.

Hahaha, thanks! I have flown with some of the old AirWis guys and they didnt have anything bad to say. I guess they would take a big pay cut if they were forced to the bottom of the seniority list. Thats too bad, I would feel awful if I was sold off to another airline like an indentured servant.

If you want someone to clean the crappers, then maybe you guys should start an internship program too!

(Just kidding, for any rabid interns or anybody else that takes this board seriously)

I am Ex-ACA and I know many of the Air Whiskey guys. They were integrated either 1 for one or 1 for 2. A good friend of mine was number 4 at ACA when I left last March and he was Air Whiskey. Great Guy!

They did take big pay cuts as ACA's pay, at the time, was lower. Thanks to them, ACA's pilot group was able to land and industry leading contract in the mid 90's.

Before someone flames the current ACA contract, it is not worth going there. Airwis IS the highest paying regional/national.

Hi!

In 1991, when AWAC was at Dulles, I flew a UAL codeshare -146 from Dulles to ORD. It my 1st flight in the 4-engine regional.

Cliff
GRB

Hey Terry!

Things are fantastic at SWA! Are You keeping the Blue Ridgers in line?

Fly Safe,
Bryan

Latest resources

Back