Air Wisconsin Hiring Protocol

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flying"C"ranchr

Can anyone share with me the process on getting an interview with Air Wisconsin?

I currently work at Mesa. I'm in the ERJ in the right seat. Prior to the ERJ, I was a CPT in the BE-1900D. For quality of life reasons I went to the ERJ. I was only getting 8 days off per bid period as a reserve CPT in the Beech. Since I was mostly at outstations, I really only spent 4 nights at home with the wife. At least now as an FO I'm home 9 to 10 days home a bid.

I have been applying and updating my resume for the past 3 months via e-mail and fax to Air Wisconsin. I did receive an email from the HR department that they received my resume in September. However, nothing since.

I just want to work for a company that I can grow with. I want to be a safe pilot and have fun at my job. I'm 43 yrs old and I also want to be with a company that I can work until I am told I must retire... with a retirement plan. Quality of life is an issue too. Having 12 days off a month is a great deal for the Air Wisconsin Pilot.

I'm not concerned about a quick upgrade. Good things come to those who wait. I just want a good work environment. When I'm off work, I want time to work the ranch, burn wood, drink beer, and ride my horse.

Any insight would be greatly apppreciated.

Thx,
ranchr

Ranchr,

The company is in the process of interviewing those with LOR's first and even that process is getting really slow. The people in recruiting are somewhat overwhelmed at this time and even those with LOR's is taking a little longer to hear back. I was told two weeks by one of our recruiters that everyone with the competitive times will hear something back. If you know someone here it will help speed the process a bit.

WD.

WD,

Thanks for the advice. I only know of one person at Air Wisconsin. He is currently on military leave. He is learning to fly C130s in LIT with the Air Force Reserve. Also he may not be a very good reference. He said he went to LIT right after his IOE.

Anyway I'll give him a call as well as try to make additional contacts. Do you think getting a reference from a United Pilot may help? He is a 767 CPT. We served in the Gulf War together.

thx,
ranchr

The lor from our employee will carry much more weight than an outside ref.

WD.

Latest resources

Back