Air INC / Dallas Job Fair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
it's sad

I feel really sorry for you guys who are still looking to Air Inc. for salvation.

Guys (and girls), you won't learn anything from Kit Darby that you can't pick up on this bulletin board.

OK? Just accept it already. Here's reality: The economy sucks, the biggest airlines are in the crapper and thousands of airline pilots who have jobs flying heavy iron are waiting for the axe to fall in the near future.

Oh yeah, Bush is going to torch Iraq and -- newsflash -- that probably won't be good for the economy or the airlines. And then there's the chance of some raghead firing an SA-7 up the tailpipe of a 747 at Heathrow.

So the most direct result of you going to an Air Inc. seminar is that you HELP KIT DARBY KEEP FLYING THROUGH THE DOWNTURN!!

I've been to the seminars: Let me sum it all up for you:

1) Network network network to get a job--write letters, call chief pilots, send faxes (duh)
2) Keep flying. if you haven't flown since '97, even if it was the Space Shuttle, you ain't getting hired
3) Don't fart or pick your nose during an interview, should be you lucky enough to get one.
4) Brush up on your instrument skills so you don't go into an unusual attitude during your sim ride

Got that? Now, if you feel the urge to pay me $150 for that info, PM me and I'll tell you where to send the check.

Kit Darby is the Devil - Don't ever look into his eyes - because you will feel an urge to reach into your wallet- don't do it- Be strong- Max

"So the most direct result of you going to an Air Inc. seminar is that you HELP KIT DARBY KEEP FLYING THROUGH THE DOWNTURN!!"

Spit you hit it all right.

Although I do read the Magazine (only) not a member.

On another note: I still do a bit of CFIing and still see new CFI's blow a weeks salary on his crap when they so up with that huge air inc binder thing. Spread the word don't let them waste their money. Friends don't let Friends Join Air Inc.

Kit's magazine

I will say that I used to look forward to receiving my Career Pilot every month when Kit was FAPA. In those days, during the Stone Age of 1987-'93, Kit and various newsletters plus rumors you heard from your buds and others were the only information sources around.

As merikeyegro said, the Stone Age has given way to the Information Age and Kit really is obsolete - and so is his pilot shortage shtik. Instead of selling pilot shortage, Kit should sell counseling services for displaced pilots and help them get back to work.

I'm dreaming, I realize . . . . .

I found it to be worth my time and money. I landed an interview there which led to a job offer with one carrier. I also had a membership to Airinc. for one year and I got my money's worth out of that as well. I don't think there's anyone out there that believes there is or will ever be a pilot shortage, and I certainly did not get the impression that Kit was trying to sell that to us.

I was there, it wasn't too bad. I got to rub shoulders with the recruiters during lunch and got an invite to have lunch with the SWA recruiters on friday. The free alcohol reception afterward was nice too. Nothing like free alcohol and food after a long day of standing around talking to people who want a job.

So was it worth it, heck yeah!!

I don't want to rain on anybody's parade, but I need to interject a little sanity into the JetBlue job fair appearance.

The company will probably send a rep to the job fair, and you will be able to get a lot of info from that pilot. This will be a superb chance to see how lucky we (the JB folks) are to be part of a superb "little" organization that is lucky enough to be making money in the worst economy since 1980.

What you won't get, however, is a job interview.

When it is time to interview folks, the company asks the computer to generate a list of the most qualified applicants from numerous categories, including prior 121, military heavy/fighter, cargo/frieght, and prior 320 experience. The areas that are used to screen these names are close hold (and no, I don't know what they are either), but undoubtedly include total turbine PIC and total hours (duh).

From these lists, reps from the Chief Pilot's office get together and figure out who to invite to the interview. Unfortunately, there are no allowances---zero---for us to interject our favorite bro, or even a great face from a job fair conversation.

If you don't want to spend the money on the job fair but want gouge on JB, just use this board. You'll get plenty of info without raising false hopes for that perspective interview.

Best of luck to all.

I understand Eagle was there too, but we're sure as hell not hiring anytime soon...

i saw on airlinepilotcentral that skywest was there and recruited pilots.
anyone get an inteview with them? also says hiring is imminent. does that mean prior to 2nd qtr of '06.

Latest resources

Back