Air Inc. air fair stories

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Pandasfly

Just wondering if anyone attended the air inc. air fair? Did anyone obtain an interview date with Comair, Colgan or ASA?

Thanks
pandasflys

yes and no.

ASA may call me.

ACA and ASA

Did either of these airlines give any new information as to what their plans are or give any reference as to what kind of mins they are interviewing/hiring at these days? What did ACA have to say as to their hiring boom and their growth plans? They must have shead some light on the matter. Appreciate all the knowledge...

I believe ASA said they would be getting 27 CRJ-700's, I cant remember if they were all to be received next year or over a number of years, but they did say they would be hiring many people next year. mins were 1200 and 200, competitive closer to 2000 TT

ACA said they planned on hiring about 350 pilots next year, however, I have heard conflicitng information from other people working there that supposedly there would be little growth in 2003. Remember that those are rumors though. mins were 1500 and 250, don't know what the competitive is.

air inc stuff

Hi..
I was one of the many people who paid big bucks for the weekend...I personally got a lot of "don't call us, we'll call you" answers..but that's just because I'm low time...
I saw several guys get interviews on the spot with Colgan (two of them got class dates assigned) and I saw some people being interviewed (i think it was just a pre screening) for Comair.
I was pesonally frustrated because the head guy from Colgan talked about looking at the "whole picture" for a pilot (i.e. his quality of time, what/where you flew) and when I showed him my resume he basically filed it because my flight time was too low..didn't care about my other times, where I had flown etc.. oh well I guess he was busy, and there were plenty of more qualified pilots..
What a great scam for Kit Darby..I do not fault him for it..he is providing a service for many of us, but I wish I was making his money!

Got mine Friday

I received my Comair package Friday via Fedex. I was TDY, but my wife opened it up for me. Has another application and Trip Pass. Really excited about it, although commuting from California in the short term might not be too fun.

Latest resources

Back