Age Discrimination ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Mojo Risen

Is it wise to notify the labor commission and FAA about a company that offered me a job and class date. And then pulled the job offer after they asked me my age, which is 40. I was a little miffed due to a week of phone interviews and faxes to be offered the job, bags packed, deposit on a apt., and my old job notified of my last day, and then to have someone ask my age when they should of asked that up front. Any ideas?

I do not think that FAA cares, however, I think that you have a valid case with whatever gov agentcy that deals with this sort of stuff.

Do you have any skeletons in your closet that might have come out in backround check? This will be the reason that they give.

Good luck.

No background problems. Not even a failed ride. The HR said that they wanted younger bodies in the class. Said they we getting bigger stuff down the road and would call me for a new class date. Yea, lets do lunch too!

Check to see if there is a State Labor Board in the state that the operator has its legal business registration. Give them a call and explain the situation. Without anything in writing, they may not want to bother, but then again if you get to someone who is trying to make a name for themselves they may take it on.

I posted a reply with the state agency and I will follow up with the FAA to see if they have any 135 contracts with the gov. I hope to teach them something if not to at least repect thier elders. :eek:)

Doyle Baker taught his old company a lesson to the tune of $64 million. He won his age discrimination lawsuit against Privatair.

Older

Mojo Risen said:
Is it wise to notify the labor commission and FAA about a company that offered me a job and class date. And then pulled the job offer after they asked me my age, which is 40. I was a little miffed due to a week of phone interviews and faxes to be offered the job, bags packed, deposit on a apt., and my old job notified of my last day, and then to have someone ask my age when they should of asked that up front. Any ideas?

A prospective employer MAY NOT ask an applicant his/her age regarding employment!!!!!
It violates the Federal Age Discrimination Act!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
EEOC Age discrimination site

The Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 (ADEA) protects individuals who are 40 years of age or older from employment discrimination based on age. The ADEA's protections apply to both employees and job applicants. Under the ADEA, it is unlawful to discriminate against a person because of his/her age with respect to any term, condition, or privilege of employment, including hiring, firing, promotion, layoff, compensation, benefits, job assignments, and training.

Last edited:
Why not tell us who this scumbag operator is??? So others don't make the same mistake. At least tell us something about the operation. Cargo or passenger, type aircraft, location, or something else important.

Latest resources

Back