• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Age 65

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The other fact that the "Gimmes" forget is EVERYONE'S career advancement got pushed back 5 years. Of course EVERYONE'S career also got extended 5 years.

Even Hamburger's.

Wow, so I now I get the priviledge of working five more years ?? That sounds like a screw job to me...

Wow, so I now I get the priviledge of working five more years ?? That sounds like a screw job to me...

You can retire anytime you want. Tomorrow, in fact. Go for it.

However, some of us regard Age 65 as an opportunity to regain our top five earning potential years.

You know..everyone I know who is retired, pilots and others, are completely miserable so be careful what you wish for. You lose relevancy when you retire as to most things you have done during your adult life and you have to find new things that make living worthwhile. Most can't adjust.

I speak the truth becasue I live in Florida, am a long way from age 65, and spend a lot of time on the Internet.

Think about it. Work is our life blood and is the social aspect of most people's lives. The truth is that our spouses don't want to see us 24/7. We simply aren't that special.

Finally, what would you have to b*tch about if you didn't work?

You know..everyone I know who is retired, pilots and others, are completely miserable so be careful what you wish for. You lose relevancy when you retire as to most things you have done during your adult life and you have to find new things that make living worthwhile. Most can't adjust.

I speak the truth becasue I live in Florida, am a long way from age 65, and spend a lot of time on the Internet.

Think about it. Work is our life blood and is the social aspect of most people's lives. The truth is that our spouses don't want to see us 24/7. We simply aren't that special.

Finally, what would you have to b*tch about if you didn't work?

That may be true for you and those that view themselves as pilots.

Being a pilot is merely what I do to earn a living, it is not who I am. I don't even think about an airplane from the time I get off the employee bus until I have to go back to the factory. I m not trying to be a smart a$$. Try it.

When I am off I don't wear a watch, I don't care what day it is. As long as the sun is shining, the water is warm, fish in the ocean, the boat is running, beer in the cooler, my a$$ in the sand, Life is a good day. Really, try it.

hey,i'm a pilot,and i'm one of those geeks who live eat ,and breath it,when i'm not in a work cockpit,i'm flying a C47 for the joy of it,when retirement comes, a simple 7AC Champ to fly,and tinker with will suit me fine,especially NORDO ,off a grass field,to each their own.

choice man choice

no you now have the priviledge of choice, to do as you would please

727C47, amen. To Tailwindz, not everyone sees it like you. Nothing wrong with salt water, fish and so forth, but there are other points of view. I, personally, would love to fish and fly. BTW, a Champ would be great.
Helm

I consider going to work to be an interruption of my free time....
Same here, but not working puts a considerable dent in what you can do with that free time.

The last year has proven to me I'd be an excellent lottery winner! Time to go back to work though...

Latest resources

Back