• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Age 65

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Then watch it with your monitor reflecting in a mirror!

When nothing else works you have to cry, motherhood, patriotism and safety, because no one can ever be against those. But that is not the case. This is about get out of my seat. Lets look at the age of pilot incapacitation’s, most are under 60.

Yip;
Since you seem to be stuck on "it's about get out of my seat" (I think you've repeated that like 15 times in this thread), ok; whatever works for you. Now get out of my seat! :laugh:

Yip;
Since you seem to be stuck on "it's about get out of my seat" (I think you've repeated that like 15 times in this thread), ok; whatever works for you. Now get out of my seat! :laugh:
funny, nobody wants my seat

I never did get a dollar amount from you young guys

Where I must retire or be an "a$$hole"?

Oh, by the way, if you guys reach that amount, are you then in somebody else junior to yous seat? I'm assuming you will be retiring then?

Also, may I please have a list of things I am allowed to own without being an a$$hole and occupying the seat of someone junior to me?

Taking retirement advice from someone younger then me is like taking business advice from a president that was a lawyer and never ran a business.

No offense meant, but unless you are 54 years old, you just don't know. I have been every age you have and then some.

P.S. If I have my way about it I will be retired before 65.

Have a good one guys. Semore

Oh, by the way, if you guys reach that amount, are you then in somebody else junior to yous seat? I'm assuming you will be retiring then?

Also, may I please have a list of things I am allowed to own without being an a$$hole and occupying the seat of someone junior to me?

Taking retirement advice from someone younger then me is like taking business advice from a president that was a lawyer and never ran a business.

No offense meant, but unless you are 54 years old, you just don't know. I have been every age you have and then some.

Thank you well said

Thank you well said

...And double spaced. :p

Double ditto!

If you need somebody to retire to move up or get a job, you're a sorry excuse for a human, or an American. Make you own place in the world rather than being a lame butt parasite.

Nobody said it would be easy and you're not entitled to anything. Go earn it.

Double ditto!

If you need somebody to retire to move up or get a job, you're a sorry excuse for a human, or an American. Make you own place in the world rather than being a lame butt parasite.

Nobody said it would be easy and you're not entitled to anything. Go earn it.

Earn as much as you can and then please excuse yourself when your skills start to diminish. It's not fun to sit next too. I think that was my point on age limits, not how much you earn or "get out of my seat".

Oh...and I just noticed my post was under my Wife's username. This is Frontierfan and my opinion.

Last edited:
Earn as much as you can and then please excuse yourself when your skills start to diminish. It's not fun to sit next too. I think that was my point on age limits, not how much you earn or "get out of my seat".

Oh...and I just noticed my post was under my Wife's username. This is Frontierfan and my opinion.
Who will be the one to determine when one's skills diminish? This is not age dependent. We already give check rides, oral exams, line checks, what else?
Here is an idea, starting at age 40, every pilot must take the SAT, when the score drops below 1100, they can no longer exercise the privileges of their Comm certificate. Why not, it is a good test of mental ability? Obviously this is not practical, but what other set of tests could be used to determine when skills start to diminish?

The trick is to be aware of your skill level and get out before the inevitable deterioration becomes obvious. It is inevitable. I made my exit at age 68. Recurrent and check rides stopped being fun, so I worked out the calendar (including grace month ;)) and bailed out. I just couldn't see being told by a check airman at some point that it was time to go, but that's just me.

Latest resources

Back