• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rchcfi

How slow can you go
Hi All,

I was hoping someone would have more information of the P-3 (N926AU) that crashed yesterday. I had the privilege of spending a few days with the crew from that aircraft last year on a fire.

RCHCFI

Hi Richcfi, This was a training mission that had a different crew aboard. However the co-captain on T-26 for the '04 season, was in the right chair.

I dont feel the liberty post names on this forum, but pm me if you must know.

This is a horrible trajedy for our community..

the names of the three crew on the local TV news (Redding). I didnt catch them all but Chief Pilot Lynch was among them.

I was flying freight last night only about three miles away when CHP helicopter reported to OAK Center that they had located a "total devastation of a large aircraft". It felt weird being so close by. Also made me ponder my upcoming season as a newbie air attack pilot.

Horrible

This is a terrible tragedy. Brian was a close friend of mine, and the only solace is that he was doing what he loved. He was a great person, and he touched countless lives with his selfless acts of friendship. Fair winds and following seas, brother.

bluelake said:
the names of the three crew on the local TV news (Redding). I didnt catch them all but Chief Pilot Lynch was among them.

I was flying freight last night only about three miles away when CHP helicopter reported to OAK Center that they had located a "total devastation of a large aircraft". It felt weird being so close by. Also made me ponder my upcoming season as a newbie air attack pilot.
When I pulled into one of my freight stops tonight, there was one of those Canadair recip planes. You know the kind, they look like one of those Mars flying boats, but they are yellow and have orange leading edges. I thought about how neat it would be to fly one of those and the problems in that industry. Pretty sad to hear about another crash like this.

Sorry to hear about this. I understand it had recently been part of an inspection required after the other firefighting incidents last year? I read an excellent article on some of these guys (non-related) a few months ago. I think it was in AOPA Pilot. Amazing work they do. Condolences.

bluelake said:

Where in the bay area was this?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back