Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dueguard1

ROTT MAN 4 LIFE!!!
Not Sure where to start as far as Charter Ops. Goes??
Looking to start a Charter Operation here in the NE? Anyone have any ideas as far as how to get a small charter off the ground? The sky's the limit.
Not sure whether a lease or a purchase is best? Certificate Questions (Part 91 or 135)????Thanks Folks.

i'd start by asking yourself what you want to do. do you want to carry pax on board such as a charter? ( on demand 135) or do you want to fly and manage a corporations aircraft for them?

the first place to start is your local fsdo. i have a feeling you don't have a business plan yet, but i'd get a rough draft set up so you can have an idea of where you want to go. as the possibilities are endless, so is the direction you'll take without a good plan.

whichever way you choose, if you're knowledgeable and persistent, and have a good fsdo to work with, you're probably looking at a 16 to 24 month headache if you're lucky.
good luck!!!!

i also forgot to mention that there are companies out there who specialize in certificates, be it an existing one or a start up, their names escape me now but a search should help you. i've never used one and imagine they're expensive.

135 Paperwork done in no time

Check out http://www.usac.com/faa for information on obtaining a 135 certificate. Use code 1359 for a 10% discount (about $600 off a full 135) PM for more info, details, etc.. Where in the NE are you looking to operate???

I'm currently in NYC doing Flt instruction,................. looking at either TEB, FRG, arenas................I'd like to do passenger ops for a few corporate outfits...............Thanks ah bunch Hawker, looks like the FSDO is my first stop then.

sounds like he should do a corporate shuttle...new york to atlanta with a C172.

Is it viable?

Im doing the same thing but will be down in Florida (probably FLL or somewhere else in that area) and wanting to start my own 135 charter company. The easiest certificate to ACQUIRE is the single pilot operator, from what I have been told by 3 135 operators (who are single pilot) Any information you would like to share, please private message me. Thank You!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back