Acceleated IFR schedule

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

shon7

Anyone have experience with accelerated IFR at an FBO. Basically, looking for feedback on anyone who was able to complete the IFR within a month without going to one of these accelerated programs but rather creating their own program of sorts and flying consistently.

I finished mine up in a little more than a month. It wasn't an accelerated program, but I scheduled myself Mon-Fri 2 hours a day. When I wasn't at the airport I was studying. When I was driving I was studying. When I was working 3-12 at a factory right after my lesson at the airport I continued to study. When I would take a dump I would study. Easily achievable just need to be motivated and have some money. Rain or shine we would go flying and I made it a point to get as much actual as I could. Study study study.

if you do an "accelerated" program you probably get the rating but be a very poor instrument pilot.

Go search for good CFII that isnt trying to fly for airline. He has a lot to learn as well.

Get one that knows what he's doing. So you can be properly trained, I dont wanna be out flying and have to worry about "accelerated" instrument pilots.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back